Private excursion In Marseille

Larainerenee8

We had the best time when we stopped at the port of marseille.  We took a private tour with Simon of Simon says Provence touts (he has a Facebook page) We had the best day with Simon!  It was so easy to find him as we came off our cruise ship.  He took us around beautiful areas of Provence.  Aix en Provence had some great shopping and we ate some delicious croissants and pastries.  He then took us to the beautiful town of Cassis where we toured around and had a magnificent lunch and Cassis wine.  We went up to the Caps Canaille that had a gorgeous view. We    stopped at the Notre Dame de la Gare Basilica, and showed us interesting parts of Marseilles.

Simon is smart, funny and a pleasure to be with.

Simon is good was great with both my dad and my kids.

I was so impressed with this area and could totally see coming back and spending more time here.

You will be happy with Simon!

nice comfortable van too 

there were 7 of us 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, LipstickLeslie said:

Thank you for this very helpful information! I'm looking into all the suggested options (listed below to help others) but I'm running into one problem - they are all for up to 8 people and we're a group of 9! Ugh.

So far I think the De Baux castle sounds like a great option with kids. I'm curious if anyone has gone to Arles and seen the Vincent Van Gogh and if they enjoyed that. I'm still trying to figure out what to do during our time at point. Our family wants to see sites as much as possible.

https://onedayinprovence.com

https://www.provence-travel.com/

http://provence-connection-tours.com/cruise_passengers/arriving_in_marseille.html

We went with ProvenceTravel (https://www.provence-travel.com/) based on Rick Steves' recommendation. I would contact them and see if they can work something out.

I absolutely had to see the Van Gogh Art Immersion exhibit at Carrieres des Lumiere in Les Baux. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1819081-d2651179-Reviews-Carrieres_des_Lumieres-Les_Baux_de_Provence_Bouches_du_Rhone_Provence_Alpes_Cote.html

I ended up setting up a tour for 13 passengers. We had two vans and two guides. Our guide Edward was well versed in French history. We went to the hospital where Van Gogh was and saw the yellow house. In addition we toured Arles. It was the highlight of our whole trip.

<Edit: Oh, this is an old post,, but maybe someone else will need info.>

Edited by KCcruisin07

• 4 weeks later...

We used italytours.eu and had the best tour guide/driver of our trip.  We saw Aix, Cassis and the church in Marseille.  We would have seen more of Marseille but we had only 8 hours in port total.  Price was 99 per person and we shared the tour with two other couples.  Used italytours for two other tours in Italy and I can definately recommend them.

We just went on a wonderful tour with Bonjour Provence (which used to be connected with Provence Connections, with which we also did a wonderful tour several years ago).  I believe that one of their regular tours goes to Aix and Marseilles, but we did a variation.  They were very responsive via email, accommodated us with what we wanted to do while also being realistic in terms of time, and our guide, Paul, was very knowledgeable and fun.  I recommend them highly.  

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

Do you have a web site for Bonjour Provence?  Thanks.

Your question led me to realize that I don't have a website for them, as I got connected to them via the Provence Connections website.   You can email them at bonjourprovencetours@gmail.com.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, digit5 said:

Our group of 4 did a tour with a tour company and had a great time with our guide and driver Simon. He is now running his own tour business and I would highly recommend him. He picked us up in Marseille. From there we went to Aix-en-Provence, followed by a fantastic cliff top view of Cassis, then onto Cassis town, and finally back to Marseille cathedral with panoramic view of the city. His calls his business Simon Says Provence Tours; I'm working on trying to get contact information for him.

Do you have his contact information?  Just Simon, I don't think would do it.  

TIA

On 7/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, robincorn said:

We used italytours.eu and had the best tour guide/driver of our trip.  We saw Aix, Cassis and the church in Marseille.  We would have seen more of Marseille but we had only 8 hours in port total.  Price was 99 per person and we shared the tour with two other couples.  Used italytours for two other tours in Italy and I can definately recommend them.

Thank you Robin.  This is very helpful.

5 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Do you have his contact information?  Just Simon, I don't think would do it.  

TIA

His Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/simonsaysprovencetours/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARCa_AF6tED5_m6KUFNZUOzzWav2f2QMK-nXS0yJlcMAfPWmOn2olcPE5mWeqldKGCrPoY2gzIMydIhy.

Take a look and you will see commenst, reviews, and a lot of pictures.  His email is

His Facebook "About" page also has his phone number and a way to Message him.

1 hour ago, digit5 said:

His Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/simonsaysprovencetours/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARCa_AF6tED5_m6KUFNZUOzzWav2f2QMK-nXS0yJlcMAfPWmOn2olcPE5mWeqldKGCrPoY2gzIMydIhy.

Take a look and you will see commenst, reviews, and a lot of pictures.  His email is

His Facebook "About" page also has his phone number and a way to Message him.

Thanks so much.