New to cruising and Princess..

Bubbs33

Firstly, thank you all for the great info and advice. I have learnt a lot about cruising because of your selfless sharing.  Our first cruise is on the Island Princess next July. We are not big drinkers so cancelled our sip and sail and rebooked an upgraded cabin under 3 for free last month. So with gratuities pre-paid, and a good OBC, my question is as we buy drinks as we go will there be additional gratuities charged? Also, will Princess put a hold on our credit card for charges at the start of the cruise if we have OBC? If so how much? Thank you in advance.

Edited by Bubbs33
Spelling error

Princess does not place a hold for a set amount. What I have seen the past few years are small test transactions done every few days just to make sure card is not over the limit or cancelled. They show as inquiries only and drop off within a couple days after you get home once the final charge is posted.

Now if you use a debit card any inquires will stay on the card until well after the final charge posts. You would need to have substantially more than you plan to spend on your entire vacation in your bank account if you use a debit rather than credit card. Which you are strongly advised not to.

Edited by fishywood