Review of Pride of America.......just back from Hawaii

tmt3698

2 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

I thought of another question.  Do you remember about what time you got to  Waimea Canyon?  I was worried that by the time we got off the ship, got the car and made it there, it might already be to cloudy to see anything.  TIA.

Hello, I headed straight there first thing after getting my car. I was the only one on the trolley. I get up early, and being in HI your time clock is all off. I live in Florida.

I took the trolley to Enterprise then went to JJ's Broiler to buy my parking pass went to the grocery store, got lost for about 30 minutes and still made it to the end of the road with stops on the way up. Once I arrived at the end of the road there was a cloud but several minutes later it passed and I had a clear wonderful view! I can't remember what time it was but I went to the Koke'e Lodge for some coffee and restrooms, went to the Russian Fort, another grocery and then drove to Poipu Beach and made it there for sunset!

Edited by tmt3698

Great review, appreciate the previous visits experience and tips.

Still looking for the POA cruise at a decent price. Also concerned about the poor service from the all American staff, heard they all feel entitled.  Likely be choosing another line for our Hawaii cruise.

Hello, I didn't get that feeling of entitlement at all. I liked the POA since it's RT from HNL back to HNL. I like to cruise for the ports and don't like a lot of sea days. All the other lines have to leave from CA or Vancouver. I would say give it a try. It wasn't that bad just a few mishaps, they did fix the toilet each time very quickly.

2 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

tmt3698 do you have any other pics of your cabin? I am trying to decide if I want to move up to deck 13 from 7. I currently have an inside on deck 7.

I do have a shot of the bed but haven't downloaded it from my camera. I was deck 13 forward and it was VERY rocky. Personally I would stay on deck 7. I don't get sea sick and it was tough. 

18 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

I do have a shot of the bed but haven't downloaded it from my camera. I was deck 13 forward and it was VERY rocky. Personally I would stay on deck 7. I don't get sea sick and it was tough. 

Can't find those pics of the cabin but did find some of my favorite places in Maui:

Kapalua Golf course/ quick hike there to Dragon's Teeth(lava overlooking the Pacific)

enhance

My favorite beach in Maui....excellent snorkeling.....Airport Beach aka Kahekili

enhance

10 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Thank you for the review and all the pics. What were crowds like getting off the ship as soon as it docked?

Not bad, I'm an early riser that way I beat the crowds at the buffet in the morning. It was no problem getting off. In Kona they use tenders, they said if you got off "early" 7am to 7:45am you wouldn't be required to have a tender ticket you would just stand in line. 

There was a line but it wasn't bad. To get back on that afternoon, I must have timed it just right shortly after I got in line to get a tender back the line got much longer with folks waiting to get the tender back. The two nights where the ship stays the night the ship was almost empty.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

tmt3698...

Great posting .... Mahalo!

You said you have some more shots of your room. Could you post them as well please. I have one of those rooms booked for my grandkids and daughter.

Thanks,

Chuck C.

Hi Chuck, I can't seem to find those pictures. But it was a basic interior cabin the one I had 13505 had either to twins that could be made into a king and two bunk beds on up on each will and two ladders. 

Found the pictures of cabin 13505

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMTAwAC0wMABlZi04NGI3LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA51V%2F35rGmFAgFn%2FprTIeLYHAFqSItdS4vVLvj4V2RBRrvYAAAIBDAAAAGU90F9ynB9IqlTkg4EkiBwAAYqvffMAAAABEgAQAPP%2BtcE6XsBLs7kvoDkopZw%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=vQ8LzBOIRUCwqAqxnHC6u8DhGC4wP9YYFE8O4HkUujMD8-ZJNj9BF7CDrlEIlUjwAgevKOp5Mlg.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.eyJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTI4MjctMTMxMzI4LTE1Njk3MDc5XCIsXCJwdWlkXCI6XCI1NjQwNDk0ODA3NDYxNjdcIixcIm9pZFwiOlwiMDAwMjAxMDAtMDBlZi04NGI3LTAwMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwXCIsXCJzY29wZVwiOlwiT3dhRG93bmxvYWRcIn0iLCJuYmYiOjE1NDA5OTA1NDIsImV4cCI6MTU0MDk5MTE0MiwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxLWNlMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm91dGxvb2subGl2ZS5uZXRAODRkZjllN2YtZTlmNi00MGFmLWI0MzUtYWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhIn0.DTVxGI61qrqnuxpeKFuP94eTuGu63Z6oGiDJh6yN1SvJXOpZkamRf8seRNkj77ZWU90uUzhcDG8X1kqFLgwlMYJhqNZptlY9rSJgcvdeo0AOk7SyaWfQjk1dlOC-3QYaRY0mNVatE4SnVpaGuyAcyFNw9BQW1ndhnUmz_o55eZLKUQ5XitE7E4MrD1cL3Gst8slgBFPoQXmu7FTctVxRL7v48Xyy1oNXXJcajlAp18djz9ZmCpMvrMBQie4J2rqJU1xJuMFtl3gPWjYDy_uM0KHOw2Am8I1BCXQLACm-6e9gc3u4PlEYdTnk1TexksFsZC_QjLnugue_nivf8xpujA&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMTAwAC0wMABlZi04NGI3LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA51V%2F35rGmFAgFn%2FprTIeLYHAFqSItdS4vVLvj4V2RBRrvYAAAIBDAAAAGU90F9ynB9IqlTkg4EkiBwAAYqvffQAAAABEgAQAMkhDO7iaxlKtZWx%2BN7JvHQ%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=4lztjLQg5U6lFDHxPss_2pAgRZIwP9YYjDyt-U17JqLn_ynWBExtz33gLhzoUjtckmvLqi_rv40.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.DTVxGI61qrqnuxpeKFuP94eTuGu63Z6oGiDJh6yN1SvJXOpZkamRf8seRNkj77ZWU90uUzhcDG8X1kqFLgwlMYJhqNZptlY9rSJgcvdeo0AOk7SyaWfQjk1dlOC-3QYaRY0mNVatE4SnVpaGuyAcyFNw9BQW1ndhnUmz_o55eZLKUQ5XitE7E4MrD1cL3Gst8slgBFPoQXmu7FTctVxRL7v48Xyy1oNXXJcajlAp18djz9ZmCpMvrMBQie4J2rqJU1xJuMFtl3gPWjYDy_uM0KHOw2Am8I1BCXQLACm-6e9gc3u4PlEYdTnk1TexksFsZC_QjLnugue_nivf8xpujA&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

16 hours ago, tmt3698 said:

Hi Chuck, I can't seem to find those pictures. But it was a basic interior cabin the one I had 13505 had either to twins that could be made into a king and two bunk beds on up on each will and two ladders. 

Good Morning, 

I found the pictures of the cabin!

11 minutes ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

tmt3698 ...

Thanks for your answer. If you were to go with the lower beds to be twins, would they be under the beds on the wall above them?

Thanks again!

Chuck

Hi Chuck, 

Yes the the bunks are right above were the two twins would be

enhance

enhance

8 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

How can I get a You Tube channel?

Start with the basics
  1. Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen.
  2. Click on the gear icon to get to your account's YouTube Settings.
  3. Click on Create a new channel.
  4. Then choose “Use a business or other name”
  5. Add your Brand name and click create.

1 hour ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

tmt3698 ...Thanks for the info...and you found some room photos! That is a big help.

Chuck

Hi Chuck, 

I asked my Mom, I had texted them to her but I guess I deleted them for some reason but she still had the text! That cabin as a lot of closet space, mini frig, and I asked for the coffee and the steward brought it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:
Start with the basics
  1. Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen.
  2. Click on the gear icon to get to your account's YouTube Settings.
  3. Click on Create a new channel.
  4. Then choose “Use a business or other name”
  5. Add your Brand name and click create.

Cool, thank you