Caribbean on Koningsdam Nov.

Atlantic Canada

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port (how's that for a long name, haha). Nothing fancy, but it was clean and offered breakfast... it also is a nice easy location in my opinion. We rented a car, picked up at landing, dropped it off at the cruise port before boarding ship. Worked well. 

Come over to the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Dozens and dozens of discussions on Ft Laurderdale hotels there....probably the #1 topic. Define "reasonable". Bear in mind that the first week of November is Boat Show...hotels are jammed.

There are NO car rental returns locations at the port.

47 minutes ago, aotmc said:

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port (how's that for a long name, haha). Nothing fancy, but it was clean and offered breakfast... it also is a nice easy location in my opinion. We rented a car, picked up at landing, dropped it off at the cruise port before boarding ship. Worked well. 

I can also recommend this hotel.  We have stayed there many times over the past few years and always been happy with it.  They have a free shuttle from  the  airport and a shuttle to the port for a small fee (maybe  $6 or $8).  There are several restaurants in the shopping plaza across the street, as well as a grocery store, liquor store etc.  Their complimentary breakfast is pretty decent too. We have always found the staff there to be welcoming and helpful.

We stay at the Hilton Homewood suites  using Hilton Honor points  .They also have a airport shuttle free & a small shuttle fee to the cruise port . We like  the Homewood suite better than Hilton  Hampton Inn  ;because one it is a suite with a full kitchen &  besides a very good breakfast & there is a free light dinner served Mondays to Thursdays with wine & beer:classic_biggrin:

We are going to take our 2 cruises during spring Break & Ft Lauderdale hotels are packed 

Another option is to go to hotwire.com  for booking a 4 star at 3 star pricing  :classic_huh:

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Come over to the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Dozens and dozens of discussions on Ft Laurderdale hotels there....probably the #1 topic. Define "reasonable". Bear in mind that the first week of November is Boat Show...hotels are jammed.

There are NO car rental returns locations at the port.

Unless they have changed it you can rent a car from Dollar Car Rental at the airport and return it at the cruise port for a slight up charge.  We have been doing this for the last 10 years.

• Like 1

To clarify my car rental return was called "Alamo at Port Everglades"... I was able to return my rental car there, they shuttled me directly to the door of security at the port, which was under 5 min from the Alamo rental. 

The Dollar Car Rental return is just outside the port entry gate on East State Road 84 and US 1.  Thrifty Car Rental also has an office in the same building.   They have a couple of shuttle buses that take you to the cruise ship terminals in side the port and drop you off where the porters are taking the luggage.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2018 at 5:35 PM, Daisyloo said:

I can also recommend this hotel.  We have stayed there many times over the past few years and always been happy with it.  They have a free shuttle from  the  airport and a shuttle to the port for a small fee (maybe  $6 or $8).  There are several restaurants in the shopping plaza across the street, as well as a grocery store, liquor store etc.  Their complimentary breakfast is pretty decent too. We have always found the staff there to be welcoming and helpful.

We stayed there in April 2018 and it was just great. Unfortunately when I tried to book again for Jan 2019, it was fully booked.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:35 PM, Daisyloo said:

I've stayed at this many, many times:

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, Florida, 33004, USATEL: +1-954-924-9204 FAX: +1-954-924-9042

https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port-FLLFHGI/index.html

They cater to cruisers; have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel; and a low cost shuttle (multiple runs per day) to the Port.