asking for advice on Bermuda excursions

realnurse2

Going to Bemuda on Escape next April. Do I need to book with NCL for Wed evening dockside celebration in Hamilton or can I do it on my own?The only thing that concerns me about doing it on my own is making sure I get back to the ship safely ( solo) after dark.? suggestions please and any other ideas about best way to see Bermuda.

Bermuda is very safe and also very easy to do on your own without excursions. I wouldn't hesitate to go on your own. There will be about 1000 other cruise ship passengers with you on the ferry back to the dockyard. Although I think if you're going in April, you might want to check when the harbor nights festival begins, it may not have started yet when you are there.

Harbour Nights is easy to do on your own. Ferries will run later than usual to accommodate cruise ship passengers. The only problem for you is your sailing in April. This year the festival began on Thursday April 26th, then switched to Wednesdays through the end of August. If this same schedule is followed in 2019 and you are sailing the last week of April you will have already sailed on that last Thursday.

We did an excursion on our own (jet skiing) and one through NCL. Both were easy to deal with. The jet ski company we used was right off the boat.

One night we also took the ferry and then a cab to get the fish sandwich from art mels spicy dicy. Wasn’t difficult at all.