Royal Princess still in Quebec City tonight???

Master98

I thought it was scheduled for 3 nights - one at the end of the last cruise and 2 at the beginning of this cruise. 

http://crew-center.com/royal-princess-itinerary

Seems like it will be there for 4 nights now.

I guess they will miss Saguenay which is unfortunate.  I really liked that port.

Edited by frugaltravel

There is a major Nor'Easter going through New England and southern Canada over the next day or so. I'm guessing the ship is being held at the dock for the comfort and safety of the passengers. I understand there's a lot of complaining onboard right now. Princess doesn't control the weather.

38 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

There is a major Nor'Easter going through New England and southern Canada over the next day or so. I'm guessing the ship is being held at the dock for the comfort and safety of the passengers. I understand there's a lot of complaining onboard right now. Princess doesn't control the weather.

The same thing happened to us a few years ago on a HAL cruise out of Quebec City.  They held the ship in the port for a few hours because of a big "Nor easter" storm coming up the Atlantic.  After checking with the authorities on PE Island, our Captain said that PE Island was going to be closed to shipping for a couple of days.  HAL quickly change our itinerary and we cruised up to Saguenay (they had 24 hours notice of our arrival) which turned out to be a very nice port day.  Meanwhile, a Seabourn vessel decided to go out into the Atlantic and hope for the best.  Within hours they turned back into the river. missed their PE ports and gave their passengers a pretty rough ride.

Many cruise ship passengers tend to whine about everything with the hope that they will get some kind of financial gain.  Often the cruise lines will give them something but the reality is that the cruise contract allows the cruise line to change the itinerary.  And making changes to avoid really bad weather is a good thing.  I suspect that most who whine about an itinerary change would be the first to get sick and really whine if they were taken into 30 foot+ swells.  We noticed that the Royal Princess is not alone as the Silver Spirit (Silverseas) is also spending the night in Quebec City.

Hank

• Like 1

Twice on this Canadian cruise we were docked at port along with other cruise ships due to storms heading up the coast.  Captain said that the seas would reach big time, and for the safety of passengers we're staying in port.  We missed St. Johns twice.  We went around this time of year so it's expected.  We loved the Royal and look forward to cruising on her again.

P.S.  I didn't hear anyone whine about it, doesn't do any good.  Captain can do whatever he likes without compensation to anyone.

Edited by elliair

My sympathy for those on the Royal right now.  I have had the privilege of spending an extra day on the ship after we were supposed to set sail but mother nature raised her hand and said we were to stay in port.  I hope the weather changes tomorrow and allows the Regal to start the voyage to Fort Lauderdale with likely some missed ports.