Search function

Since the new update it’s difficult to search specific forums for a specific topic or keywod. So often the topic has been discussed previously and rather than re-introduce the topic I would like to read what other people have said in the past. In the ports section, I used to regularly use key words to get information on excursions at a specific port. 

With the new search it forces me to search the entire boards  rather than just searching in a specific area such as the princess forums or the St. Thomas forum, etc.  

i would love love to see the search function go back to how it was in the past with a search feature available specific to that forum.

if using a computer ( not sure on a  phone )

put your cursor  on the word "SEARCH"  click & an menu opens  you can check  "search this forum"   then just type in your keywords

using netbook with FF

On 10/27/2018 at 7:59 PM, vmom said:

Since the new update it’s difficult to search specific forums for a specific topic or keywod. So often the topic has been discussed previously and rather than re-introduce the topic I would like to read what other people have said in the past. In the ports section, I used to regularly use key words to get information on excursions at a specific port. 

With the new search it forces me to search the entire boards  rather than just searching in a specific area such as the princess forums or the St. Thomas forum, etc.  

i would love love to see the search function go back to how it was in the past with a search feature available specific to that forum.

It's my understanding that the indexing necessary for the old posts (before the change) to be picked up by the new format has not been completed.  Until that time, any search will result in incomplete and odd hits.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, vmom said:

When wanting to do a search in a specific board such as ports of call, when you go to the search page select Topics in Content Type. This will bring a drop down list with all the sub forums of the board. Again using Ports of Call as an example scroll down and select it. You will see it has an arrow to the left indicating there are sub forums available. Scroll down to your desired port and click on it. Also you can use your control key to select multiple forums.

This is on a desktop, I've not had a chance to play around with the search on the mobile to much yet.

Hope this helps.

blob.png.4629a3093c77c0cb6a62b67f80983004.png