Oasis 10-21-18 Star Class quick review

Amanda31

I read every review I could find before this cruise so wanted to do a quick recap of our cruise. DH and I are early 40's, DD(12) and DS(7).  Last 2 years we sailed Disney, decided just couldn't justify for price another Disney but the size and prebooking everything on Oasis scared me so decided on a Grand Suite on Oasis. Then Kids sail free and $1000 off star class came out so changed to Star Loft 1718. Ended up paying $2000 more than regular balcony on Disney for star class, felt it was a great deal. 

Embarkation was a whirlwind experience!Stayed at Disney night before so only had a short drive. Our initial plan was to arrive at port around 10. Got news of CG inspection and genie, Valentina told us not to arrive before noon so went to Ron Jons first. Once people started posting they were checking in we went ahead and headed to port. We pulled up to port at 1130 not knowing exactly where star class was to go. Found the banner and pulled up telling porter star class, he's started screaming got a star class and another porter came over saying he was going to take our luggage. Kids and I went with him to outside desk while DH went and parked. Once he got back they walked us to security checkin, this was really the only awkward time, walked us to front of line. Family we jumped in front of was obviously not happy, huffing and puffing. Then into terminal where Valentina was waiting. She took us to get checked in then said they were boarding so straight onto ship. Once on ship she took us straight to room. It was so fast it was odd. She felt like a football blocker, we were quickly following her where we didn't even have time to look around. In room at noon so 30 minutes from in car to room. Luggage arrived around 30 minutes later. 

• Thanks 1

Food was all excellent. Ate Sabor twice, Hibachi at lunch time twice, Chops twice, Giovanni's twice, 150 CP,  Coastal Kitchen, and lunch at Park cafe to try the famous sandwich, which to me was bland. Expected to prefer Giovanni's since we're Italian lovers but it was just ok. Chops was all of our favorites. DS liked their mac and cheese so much he requested it every night onward, no problem getting it while at 150 or Giovanni's. Ate CK b'fast once, service seemed slow but was good. Ordered room service twice. First time was through tv. Left off DH's pancakes, when brought back didn't bring syrup for them. Second time called the special number, all 4 of us wanted bacon on side, no bacon. No biggie but from then on just ran into suite lounge and ate the little pastries and fruit they had out. 

Our genie was Valentina. I'd read she was still somewhat new and was nervous but she was wonderful. On top of everything. No problems changing dining or shows. Arranged everything including bridge tour. Only thing I asked about and was told no was for her to save seats for Dreamworks parade. 

Enjoyed the ports, Labadee we did the OW cabana, had #2 which we requested 1 or 2. I told her I wanted them because kids wanted a ladder to climb in and out of water and being the farthest from shore should have deeper water. Was surprised when we got there that there was no ladder between cabanas like I'd seen on youtube. Not sure if that's just Nellies or if when rebuilt last year they left if out. There's a staircase between then 2 clumps of cabanas

Really enjoyed star class perks. Favorite was the free laundry, came home with mostly all clean clothes. I didn't send anything I hang to dry but everything else went and came back clean, no problems. Was offered front of line at rock climbing and flow rider but just didn't seem right there so declined them. Front room seats at shows was really nice. Valentina sat us at the ice show where DS would ride in the swan boat. He was recognized twice in the elevator afterwards and really enjoyed that. 

Debarkation was unbelievable also. Told Valentina like to get off at 730. Left room at 720, she was waiting and took us straight off. We had 6 bags packed in truck and pulling out at 740 so 20 minutes from room to driving. 

2 hours ago, ddsdoc said:

question re: hibachi...you mentioned hibachi for lunch two days...do you mean the regular Izumi?  I was led to believe the hibach section was only open for dinner?

No the hibachi was open on sea days, full show (as far as I know). Opened at noon, we walked in at noon both days and there were enough other people to go ahead and begin cooking

2 hours ago, MadamG2U said:

Thanks so much for the review!  We are on the Oasis 11/11 in star class.  I can't wait!

MadamG2U

Enjoy! DO you know who your genie is? Valentina was great!

2 hours ago, ddsdoc said:

question re: hibachi...you mentioned hibachi for lunch two days...do you mean the regular Izumi?  I was led to believe the hibach section was only open for dinner?

Its $10 less at lunch. Same amount of food

29 minutes ago, Amanda31 said:

No the hibachi was open on sea days, full show (as far as I know). Opened at noon, we walked in at noon both days and there were enough other people to go ahead and begin cooking

Enjoy! DO you know who your genie is? Valentina was great!

I've been working with Monowar, but he will be transferring to another ship.  Smitha will be taking over.  First time in Star Class and starting to get excited as well as a little nervous.

MadamG

51 minutes ago, cruisinrealtor said:

I"ll be Sky class on November 25th sailing.  Feels like I'll be slumming it.  lol  Star class looks amazing.

It is amazing but we got an amazing deal, saw crown loft for more at times than what we payed on our sailing for star. Short of another killer deal it’ll be sky class in future for us and that’s fine. Still have CK to avoid MDR and buffet. Still have priority seating and embarkation.

35 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

I've been working with Monowar, but he will be transferring to another ship.  Smitha will be taking over.  First time in Star Class and starting to get excited as well as a little nervous.

MadamG

I read before not to worry genie will handle everything and she really did.

18 hours ago, MadamG2U said:

MadamG

MadamG - That is interesting. You say you are sailing on Oasis 11/11 in Star Class?  We are sailing on Oasis 11/4 in Star Class, and have been working with Smitha, but today we got an email saying she was transferring to another ship (Symphony), and that our new Genie would be Monowar. 

2 hours ago, C Dog said:

MadamG - That is interesting. You say you are sailing on Oasis 11/11 in Star Class?  We are sailing on Oasis 11/4 in Star Class, and have been working with Smitha, but today we got an email saying she was transferring to another ship (Symphony), and that our new Genie would be Monowar. 

Hmmm this is strange.  Monowar's first email said he would be working with me until he is transferred.  I just looked thru all his emails and he did not mention Smitha again.  Maybe they switched?  I will say Monowar has been very helpful, made the changes I requested and made some good suggestions.  

What room are you sailing in?  We are in 1740.  Have a wonderful trip!

MadamG2U

Thank you for your review.  Did you kids like Disney or Royal better?  Took my granddaughter on the Disney Fantasy and we board the Oasis in less than 2 weeks. We are not in star class or any other suite as they were all sold out but hoping she enjoys the cruise.

4 hours ago, MadamG2U said:

Hmmm this is strange.  Monowar's first email said he would be working with me until he is transferred.  I just looked thru all his emails and he did not mention Smitha again.  Maybe they switched?  I will say Monowar has been very helpful, made the changes I requested and made some good suggestions.  

MadamG2U

We will be in 10330.  Good to hear about Monowar.  Smitha was very responsive too.   I've only heard good things about both.  You have a wonderful trip as well!

Star Class is an amazing experience.  We have been on Oasis and Anthem in Star and the experience is the same.  Genies are about all the same, with different personalities of course, and they make the trip unforgettable.  We love the fact there is nothing we need to worry about, just tell you genie what you would like to do during the cruise and it is set up.  One thing I really liked about Derick on Anthem was every evening he left a note on our door with the next days activities listed.  By the end of the cruise the whole family was looking at the notes to see when they could go to iFly.  Anyone looking at Star Class should do it once, it will really spoil you.  The only problem I see is the genies seem to go from ship to ship so often it is hard to get the same one.  I am very excited that we will have Derick 2 more times before he leaves the Anthem.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:21 PM, cruisinrealtor said:

I"ll be Sky class on November 25th sailing.  Feels like I'll be slumming it.  lol  Star class looks amazing.

Don't worry, it's all good.  We just got off Harmony a few weeks ago in a CLS and Sky Class is sweet, this coming a frequent Star Class cruiser.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, MadamG2U said:

MadamG2U

Madam, I have attached my review of from Oasis RLS 1740 from a few years ago .  It has great photos of the cabin.  We have sailed in the RLS 2 times prior to Star and once since.  You will have a great time.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/1798200-a-royal-loft-suite-review-onboard-oasis/

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Madam, I have attached my review of from Oasis RLS 1740 from a few years ago .  It has great photos of the cabin.  We have sailed in the RLS 2 times prior to Star and once since.  You will have a great time.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/1798200-a-royal-loft-suite-review-onboard-oasis/

Oh My Thank YOU!!  I don't know how I missed this.  Counting down the days

MadamG2U

• Like 1