New to Celebrity, a few ??

Dorie7

Hello all,

We have a cruise booked on Infinity in A2 cabin 9090. It looks like an overhang and noise could be a problem? Should I switch to 9137, 9114 or 9116? Any opinions/information/advice welcome!

Thank you!!!

Dorie

Every balcony has "cover" from the deck above.  Many folks don't like being under the pool deck, as there is a chance for more noise under a public area.  I've never minded the occasional noise, tho...since we spend a good deal of our time AT the pool, it's an easy 1 flight away!

I will switch, there are several reports that early in the morning X personnel is doing the cleaning of the pool area moving chair and tables causing noise, the other cabins are under the ocean view cafe where you will not hear noise

We were underneath the pool deck (deck 11) on the Solstice which is a different ship class, but we had no noise issues.  Maybe a little scraping above in the morning but barely noticeable.   We have deck 9 on the Infinity coming up in Dec. with no concern regarding noise.

With regard to the large overhang...it wasn't ideal from a view perspective -- always had the overhang and supports in the peripheral vision, but it was very nice on rainy days.  We aren't sun-lovers so it was great being in the shade all of the time.

I would recommend checking the cabin reviews in the 'sticky' at the top of the Celebrity boards.  If you can't find info on the exact cabins, check the ones on either side.  

Our experience sailing right under the pool is that there is some minor noise in the early morning, and then noise from the music playing on deck.  If your cruise has deck parties at night, that can be pretty loud as well and go fairly late (if you are an early to bed person - if you are a partier no worries).  Also, on the port side, you may smell cigarette smoke from above, especially when the ship is not sailing but we have never had too much of an issue with that.