Gluten Free Pancakes

1 hour ago, Fishkillbill said:

Can I get gluten free pancakes in the Windjammer?

We have been able to get gluten free pancakes in the windjammer on both cruises we have been on this year (Rhapsody and Symphony). Just find a manager or supervisor and ask and they will bring them out when ready. We tried to find someone as soon as we came in so it meant we could get some other food first without too much waiting.

They were actually quite good.

1 hour ago, PNW Traveler said:

The dedicated gluten free island in the Windjammer often has gluten free French toast.  Tasty.

Unfortunately, the dedicated gluten free islands have disappeared (at least on Oasis class ships). Hope they are still there when we get on Brilliance in two weeks.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Unfortunately, the dedicated gluten free islands have disappeared (at least on Oasis class ships). Hope they are still there when we get on Brilliance in two weeks.

Oh no, not good news. But I guess cross contamination is a problem with the buffet areas. Happy to hear pancakes are available though

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, orville99 said:

We will be on Brilliance for Thanksgiving.  If you can, please return and post if they still have the gluten free area on your cruise.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, fsuchick97 said:

We will be on Brilliance for Thanksgiving.  If you can, please return and post if they still have the gluten free area on your cruise.  Thanks!

We are on the same cruise. I guess we'll find out at the same time.:classic_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Back from our Brilliance cruise, and as expected, the dedicated gluten-free island is gone. The sign is still there, and there's a tent card display as you enter the WJ that there are gluten-free items available. I asked one of the servers where those items were, and he directed me to the chef at the pizza/burger station. The chef explained that they could make a variety of gluten-free dishes to order and just ask any of the chefs for what is doable on any given day. They made pasta dishes, pizza, breads, and deserts for us with no problem (other than having to wait a bit while they were being prepared.) They also were happy to point/walk us to the items on the islands that were naturally gluten-free as they were prepared in the galley.

For those on Brilliance - we sailed Brilliance B2B earlier this month and there was a dedicated Gluten free area in the Windjammer.   We had a galley tour and they took lots of time to show us the gluten free bread  area in the kitchen and how they  are careful regarding cross contamination.

M

My DW and I were on Mariner OTS earlier in November. She would just walk up to the chef behind the counter at the pancake station and ask for gluten free. He would cook her some GF pancakes on the spot. She had the freshest pancakes in the place and she said they were delicious.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:03 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

For those on Brilliance - we sailed Brilliance B2B earlier this month and there was a dedicated Gluten free area in the Windjammer.   We had a galley tour and they took lots of time to show us the gluten free bread  area in the kitchen and how they  are careful regarding cross contamination.

M

I hope it is still this way in two weeks. We were on the Serenade and there isn’t a gluten free area other than a basket of bread for breakfast. I hope there is a variety of desserts at lunch, Serenade had the same ones for 10 days. I think it was pavlova, it got very boring. 

• 2 weeks later...