Celebrity Eclipse to home port from Melbourne

Great News for Melbournians   !!!!!!!

WELCOMING ECLIPSE TO MELBOURNE IN 2020

Open your world in summer 2020 with Celebrity Eclipse®, homeporting in Melbourne for the first time. Arriving in Melbourne fresh from her multi-million dollar modernisation as part of the Celebrity RevolutionSM, Eclipse will join sister ship Celebrity Solstice® sailing Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
With over 9 sailings departing from Melbourne, ranging from 8 to 19 nights you’ll be spoilt for choice. And with Melbourne round-trips you won’t even have to fly to enjoy the highlights of stunning New Zealand on an award-winning, modern luxury ship.

On sale 7th November 2018.

Sue and Phil 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Kev said:

Great News for Melbournians   !!!!!!!

WELCOMING ECLIPSE TO MELBOURNE IN 2020

Open your world in summer 2020 with Celebrity Eclipse®, homeporting in Melbourne for the first time. Arriving in Melbourne fresh from her multi-million dollar modernisation as part of the Celebrity RevolutionSM, Eclipse will join sister ship Celebrity Solstice® sailing Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
With over 9 sailings departing from Melbourne, ranging from 8 to 19 nights you’ll be spoilt for choice. And with Melbourne round-trips you won’t even have to fly to enjoy the highlights of stunning New Zealand on an award-winning, modern luxury ship.

On sale 7th November 2018.

Sue and Phil 

Great news. A long time coming!

Different home port but same old tired itineraries. What about more of the islands even PNG. Whilst Melbournian cruisers I’m sure will be happy isnt this just going to take demand away from Solstice? Also a sister ship to Solstice with not many differences. Can’t see the point really. 

28 minutes ago, tangogulf said:

Different home port but same old tired itineraries. What about more of the islands even PNG. Whilst Melbournian cruisers I’m sure will be happy isnt this just going to take demand away from Solstice? Also a sister ship to Solstice with not many differences. Can’t see the point really. 

Depends on the pricing, it may be taking demand away from the other lines.

It take an extra 4 days to get up to PNG and back plus the normal stops. I guess for their first time around they wanted to test the market.

I wish they would have made some runs up to Perth and back out of Melbourne. 

5 hours ago, tangogulf said:

Celebrity is mass market; they're not going to go to off beat destinations. They don't take risks like that.

As for the point, they feel there's enough room to grow here i.e. demand and Solstice has been high the past season so they're increasing. Just like the Caribbean there are many ships, but there's a lot of demand.

From a  passenger perspective though, yeah, it's just more opportunities for the same and more convenient for those in Melbourne, but nothing substantially different.

Well there is one in there to Tassie and Solstice hasn’t been there, prob is I’m on their 2020 Tonga cruise 1 Apr which is a new destination for 2019 for Celebrity so they do have a couple of non NZ and usual PAC islands cruises plus, it’s a really beautiful ship so I’d be looking closely at prices to compare.  I do wish all the lines would get a bit more creative, everyone goes to NZ or the islands with a few unique destinations occasionally.  Would love to see more PNG and maybe a trip out to Tahiti and back from Auckland.

• Like 1