Voom Surf and Stream...Is this a good price?

Checked my cruise planner today and it shows the Voom Surf and Stream package for 2 devices for $19.99/day.  Just wondering if this is a good deal?  

I did notice the deluxe beverage package is currently $52/person/day OR you can purchase the deluxe beverage package + Voom Surf and Stream for $66/person/day.  (which puts the Voom surf and stream at $14/person/day)  Which is not a deal really....see first line above.  

So I am waiting on the beverage package, hoping to get a better deal on Black Friday, but wonder if I shouldn't book the Voom Surf and Stream now as that seems to be a good price?  

Wondering if anyone has seen the Voom surf and stream for lower pricing than the $19.99/day for 2 devices?  

Thanks

Keri 

It's a decent price.  It's super easy to cancel and rebook if prices come down.  On your planner, just go to order history, find the purchase and click "cancel."  Then you buy again at the lower price.  So it wouldn't hurt to buy now and see if a better deal pops up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BNBR said:

It's a decent price.  It's super easy to cancel and rebook if prices come down.  On your planner, just go to order history, find the purchase and click "cancel."  Then you buy again at the lower price.  So it wouldn't hurt to buy now and see if a better deal pops up.

That is the best way. If the price you see is worth it for you buy it.

Another quick question:  It says it is $19.99/day for 2 devices.  So to be clear, if there are 2 of us sailing, I only have to buy this once and we can both use it?  Can both devices be used at the same time?  

The last time I cruised was over 7 years ago and they didn't have wifi back then so I am trying to figure out how this works!   

Thanks Again!

2 minutes ago, Keri's Cruisin' said:

Another quick question:  It says it is $19.99/day for 2 devices.  So to be clear, if there are 2 of us sailing, I only have to buy this once and we can both use it?  Can both devices be used at the same time?  

The last time I cruised was over 7 years ago and they didn't have wifi back then so I am trying to figure out how this works!   

Thanks Again!

Yes, 2 devices at the same time.  Exactly what you think it is.

• Like 1

Just curious, could someone please explain how the plans for different number of devices work?

The last time that I sailed with RCCL, you could just pay for hour long sessions so you wouldn't have to pay for a full day package if you just needed to use it for 30 minutes. However, I have since learned that this is no longer an option and if you want to use internet at all even if only for a couple of minutes, you have to buy a full day pass, which is a huge disappointment.

So for these new packages, it has different ones for different numbers of devices. Here is my question. When it says for two devices, is this that it can only have two devices registered to it, even if they both aren't connected at the same time? Or does it mean that only two devices, whatever they may be, can be connected at the same time?

Essentially, if we have 4 devices between two people, 2 phones and 3 iPads, but alternate these around so only 2 are connected at once, would that work? Like can you change between phones, tablets, laptops, etc? As long as only two are ever connected at the same time?

Thanks 🙂

5 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Just curious, could someone please explain how the plans for different number of devices work?

The last time that I sailed with RCCL, you could just pay for hour long sessions so you wouldn't have to pay for a full day package if you just needed to use it for 30 minutes. However, I have since learned that this is no longer an option and if you want to use internet at all even if only for a couple of minutes, you have to buy a full day pass, which is a huge disappointment.

So for these new packages, it has different ones for different numbers of devices. Here is my question. When it says for two devices, is this that it can only have two devices registered to it, even if they both aren't connected at the same time? Or does it mean that only two devices, whatever they may be, can be connected at the same time?

Essentially, if we have 4 devices between two people, 2 phones and 3 iPads, but alternate these around so only 2 are connected at once, would that work? Like can you change between phones, tablets, laptops, etc? As long as only two are ever connected at the same time?

Thanks 🙂

A two-device package means that any number of different devices can be used, but only two can be logged in at the same time.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

A two-device package means that any number of different devices can be used, but only two can be logged in at the same time.

Great, thanks. That’s what I thought but wanted to check before I bought the two device one and then find out we would need larger. 

Thanks 

Our April 2019 sailing on Ovation had a sale last weekend. The sale prices on that sailing were $17.99 for surf and stream 2 devices or $58.00 for the deluxe drink package and voom (one device) bundle. We booked two of the bundle deal since that is the lowest I have seen for our sailing. The deluxe drink package on its own was $49 a day.