Escape - Where to make specialty dinner reservations?

themutis

You can also use the touch screen tv's at most elevator/stair locations as well I believe or go ahead and make them in advance through My NCL.  Available times are going to be limited once you get on board and will go quickly.

16 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

You can also use the touch screen tv's at most elevator/stair locations as well I believe or go ahead and make them in advance through My NCL.  Available times are going to be limited once you get on board and will go quickly.

Yes, times do go fast and apparently there are tables set up in more terminals. That what we intend on trying for on our next cruise. As for them going fast, I think it is easier to book once on the ship or in the terminal than on line. It seems there are very few good time slots on line. They are saved for after boarding. 

I used the app as soon as we got on board and had no problem getting the times we wanted (early).  I goofed on something and called the desk from the room as soon as we got into the room and again had no problem correcting my mistake.

There were more time slots available than on-line.

I was on the Escape a couple of weeks ago and they had a reservations table set up outside of Le Bistro. Also, you could make reservations through the touch screens near the elevators as well as the new Cruise Norwegian app, which now works on the Escape.

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Yes, times do go fast and apparently there are tables set up in more terminals. That what we intend on trying for on our next cruise. As for them going fast, I think it is easier to book once on the ship or in the terminal than on line. It seems there are very few good time slots on line. They are saved for after boarding. 

There are plenty of good times available online if you book quickly when the booking window opens.  They allow a certain number available online and then reserve the rest for on-board to give those people a chance as well...  But even then, some restaurants do go very, VERY quickly.  Teppanyaki being the one that usually sells out first because of the very limited seating times available and cooking stations for service.

I booked the specialty dining on the television in my cabin when we sailed Escape. 

our next NCL cruise is end of month on Epic and I booked the specialty dining the day it was first offered online a few months ago.  Teppanyaki and Cagneys fill up first, in my experience, and I wanted to guarantee those two for at sea days.  I thought they were FANTASTIC.