BofAReward points..individual or shared?

Rondo

3 minutes ago, Rondo said:

I logged in to B of A to redeem my reward points for $$ off our cruise. It has an option for “individual” or “shared”. What is the difference?

Not sure how that applies to a discount.  Usually those terms apply to on board credit.  Individual means you get all the OBC, shared means the OBC is split between the gusts in the stateroom.

9 hours ago, Rondo said:

I logged in to B of A to redeem my reward points for $$ off our cruise. It has an option for “individual” or “shared”. What is the difference?

In the end it probably won't make a difference. The only time it would matter is if you and your cabin mate are paying all of their own expenses. Let's say you and your cabin mate each owe $1,000 to pay off the balance of your cruise. Let's assume you have a $1,000 voucher from your reward points. If you use the voucher for "individual", it will pay off the balance of your cruise. If you use it for "shared", it will pay off $500 of yours and $500 of your cabin mate's.

Thanks for the answers!! Looks like it will all come out the same no matter which option I choose. I’ll choose shared so my husband thinks he is getting a bargain, too. 😉

fyree39, yes, this is a BofA credit card.

Also, just fyi...The BOA royal card redemption for OBC on Royal cruises does not show up on your online reservation booking until a few weeks before your cruise.  I just had a call with my agency and Royal who confirmed it's there in their reservation system but not viewable on my planner and can't be used far in advance to purchase things.  Will appear only 2-4 weeks prior to the cruise. 

Very different from Celebrity which posts to your online account for use within a day or two of redeeming the points for OBC.