Newark airport to New York port for New England cruise?

phabric

We were scheduled to arrive in NYC (Brooklyn) on a cruise from Quebec but the ship was diverted to Port Liberty in NJ.  This we found out a day before arrival.  We quickly found out that the taxis due to government regulations charge more to cross from NJ to NY.  The distance may be the same to the three airports but crossing the river into NJ appears to add $$$ to the fee.  

Maybe someone from NYC or Newark can enlighten us on the legal peculiarities of crossing the river.  

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Oh I have used all of them. 

Dial 7

Arecibo

Cadman.

Have used a coupon. Have never seen a coupon.  

But anyway last week I used the Princess transfer because my flight arrived at 1:25pm and needed assurance to get to the pier before sailing.

Traffic was really jacked up so o am glad I did.

Just go to their website if you don't believe me and you can see it's listed for $59 and coupons for $5-$10 off are abundant.  The price is guaranteed no matter how long you sit in traffic.  Can't remember if it was Dial 7 or Carmel, but one of them was sending me coupons so often, it got annoying.  Finally had to block their emails. 
You're right that the cruise line bus is always the safest bet but from JFK, it's not the cheapest or the quickest.  Just depends on what's important to the person traveling. 😉

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Just go to their website if you don't believe me and you can see it's listed for $59 and coupons for $5-$10 off are abundant.  The price is guaranteed no matter how long you sit in traffic.  Can't remember if it was Dial 7 or Carmel, but one of them was sending me coupons so often, it got annoying.  Finally had to block their emails. 
You're right that the cruise line bus is always the safest bet but from JFK, it's not the cheapest or the quickest.  Just depends on what's important to the person traveling. 😉

😳😳 I didn’t say I didn’t believe you. 😳😳

My response should have said “I have not used a coupon”. 

I will use Uber or Lyft now. No more car service.

I dont normally use the Princess transfer unless it’s a situation like I described.