Anthem Deck Suggestion - Noise / Convenience

Hi, We're planning to book a trip on the Anthem in a balcony cabin. Are there any decks that are particularly noisy that we should avoid. Any which are particularly convenient to fun areas of the ship?

I'm a very light sleeper and want to avoid noise as much as possible. Also, we went on a Carnival ship our last cruise and I recall having to go to a certain level, walk through, and then up a level and back down to get to certain parts of the ship. I'd like to try an avoid things like that. We will be traveling with a 6 year old as well. 

I always liked decks 10 -11. Anthem is a big ship, so I  like to be by the elevators/ stairs. Never had a problem with noise . Since you have a 6 yo you might want a room by the forward elevators to be close to the  kids club.

• Like 1

Anything under the pool deck can be noisier than a deck under other cabins.  It's not constant noise, but it can happen...chairs being moved during the night, and stuff like that.

As far as being on the same hallway as the kids club, only the residents of that hallway, for the most part will be using that hallway.  Public areas don't need to go thru cabin hallways for access.

15 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Anything under the pool deck can be noisier than a deck under other cabins.  It's not constant noise, but it can happen...chairs being moved during the night, and stuff like that.

As far as being on the same hallway as the kids club, only the residents of that hallway, for the most part will be using that hallway.  Public areas don't need to go thru cabin hallways for access.

We stayed on deck 13 aft on anthem in 2015 and found it to be very convenient and quiet. 10 steps up to windjammer for morning coffee, pools and hot tubs, and everything on the upper decks. tried carnival pride last year 1 deck below buffet and pool and my wife never slept! 

One thing to remember on Anthem, there is 2 sets of elevators.  So, getting a cabin mid-ship can involve more walking to get to your cabin depending on where you feel time will be spent on the ship.  This may not be an issue for you however.

We generally stay on deck 9 - 11, a little behind the front elevators. No noise issues so far and easily accessible.  Enjoy your cruise.

On our Anthem cruise we had port side balcony rooms 8152 and 8154.  Just across and forward of the forward stairs.  Our rooms were very quiet. I was worried before the cruise being so close to stairs and elevators, but turns out that was really a non-issue.  The floors on ships aren't that high so there are not that many steps per floor, and we found it very easy to go up a few floors for solarium, we passed by the Adventure Club on our way.  Also easy few stairs down to the galleries (Esplanade) or theater.  Only the dining rooms seemed a bit far away but everything else felt like it was pretty close.  We only ate 3 or 4 nights in the dining rooms anyway.

dp

11 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

We booked room 9164, which this site gave me the impression might have a larger than normal balcony, which I'm hoping is correct. Of course, there's a chance it won't be. But I can dream. 

Good choice.  I will try to peak around the balc and let you know if actually "bigger" when I cruise next week.  We are in 9160. I enjoy being tucked behind the elevators, make traffic less in front of your door.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Good choice.  I will try to peak around the balc and let you know if actually "bigger" when I cruise next week.  We are in 9160. I enjoy being tucked behind the elevators, make traffic less in front of your door.  

Oh, that would be great to have it confirmed either way! 

I was a little worried about the elevators, but I figured, like you did, that it's a little behind the elevator, and there's nothing on this floor but cabins so it won't be like the whole ship needs access to this deck. Figured I would take the risk. Plus, I like being able to get easy access to the elevator, which I can take right up to the kids club without walking all over the ship. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 5:05 PM, aflyingbuttress said:

Oh, that would be great to have it confirmed either way! 

I was a little worried about the elevators, but I figured, like you did, that it's a little behind the elevator, and there's nothing on this floor but cabins so it won't be like the whole ship needs access to this deck. Figured I would take the risk. Plus, I like being able to get easy access to the elevator, which I can take right up to the kids club without walking all over the ship. 

I peaked around the divider and yes, 9164 does have a slanted balc and slightly larger balc.  We were in 9160 and the location was great.  No noise from elevators and very convenient location.  Enjoy.

Edited by VaTech8912
  • Like 1

Our 7262 was very quiet. 

I do remember walking along rooms on deck 6 in the area of the lounge 270 and saying I am glad we don't have rooms here.

The show that was goin on was very loud. But the rooms were right there. That was at the back of the ship.

The 270 is a great place though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 10:26 AM, VaTech8912 said:

I peaked around the divider and yes, 9164 does have a slanted balc and slightly larger balc.  We were in 9160 and the location was great.  No noise from elevators and very convenient location.  Enjoy.

Awesome! Thank you so much for checking! I'm super excited. 

I've stayed on decks 13, 6, and 9 on Anthem, always midship near the elevators.

9 was my least favorite. I could hear my neighbors because of the adjoining door, but there also seemed to just be a lot of thumping.

13 was nice and quiet.

6 was my favorite because it was easy to get to the promenade etc and it was also very quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Anthem.  We were on Deck 13 in cabin 616 and it was noisy with chairs being moved, etc.  We both sleep like the dead so it didn't bother us but if you are a light sleeper you might want to avoid anything in front of the hump.