New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

So after my last email where they told me there is activites on everyday i replied and asked if they saw the picture i had attached that showed this was not the case and got the following response 

Thank you for contacting the Cruise Administration Department.

Here are the benefits of purchasing The Key:

- Priority check-in and boarding (not applicable in Vancouver, Canada or at any ports in Australia). 

- Private lunch at Chops Grille on boarding day from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM - this does not need to be reserved, as the dining team will be expecting guests who have purchased The Key package 

- Exclusive carry-on luggage service offering drop off at the Theater (until 1:30 PM) and delivery to your stateroom - up to 2 carry-on bags per guest* 

- Daily private hours at onboard activities like the FlowRider, Rock Climbing wall, Ripcord by iFly, and ice-skating rink (private hours will be provided with the guest's SeaPass with welcome letter) 

- Priority port of call debarkation. 

- VIP seating area at shows in the Main Theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70. 

- VOOM Surf & Stream (1 device) 

- Choice debarkation with an exclusive à la carte breakfast from 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM 

Should you have further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Sandy Rubi

Cruise Administration

TO which i have bow replied asking if they even read the email before replying with their generic replies

So, unless you knew the key hours how would you know when the key were on the flowrider, for example???  On the other hand, the key won’t bother you in Coastal Kitchen, nor in the Suite Lounge or is it still the Concierge Lounge.  While they might show up in your section at a show, how would you know they are key and not gold card???

Much worry about not much.

jc

1 hour ago, seanjulz said:

So after my last email where they told me there is activites on everyday i replied and asked if they saw the picture i had attached that showed this was not the case and got the following response 

Thank you for contacting the Cruise Administration Department.

Here are the benefits of purchasing The Key:

- Priority check-in and boarding (not applicable in Vancouver, Canada or at any ports in Australia). 

- Private lunch at Chops Grille on boarding day from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM - this does not need to be reserved, as the dining team will be expecting guests who have purchased The Key package 

- Exclusive carry-on luggage service offering drop off at the Theater (until 1:30 PM) and delivery to your stateroom - up to 2 carry-on bags per guest* 

- Daily private hours at onboard activities like the FlowRider, Rock Climbing wall, Ripcord by iFly, and ice-skating rink (private hours will be provided with the guest's SeaPass with welcome letter) 

- Priority port of call debarkation. 

- VIP seating area at shows in the Main Theater, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70. 

- VOOM Surf & Stream (1 device) 

- Choice debarkation with an exclusive à la carte breakfast from 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM 

Should you have further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Sandy Rubi

Cruise Administration

TO which i have bow replied asking if they even read the email before replying with their generic replies

This is kind of why I haven't emailed anyone about our experience.  First of all I don't know who to email to actually get a non-generic reply and second of all I am afraid I will just get generic attempts at "placating" me when I am not in need of placating.  I just want to tell them about my experience and how it did not match what they had promised, not to get some sort of compensation or because I am angry, but because if I feel this way it is likely others do too, and Royal should know. 

Anyone know who I could email about our experience with The Key?

7 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

This is kind of why I haven't emailed anyone about our experience.  First of all I don't know who to email to actually get a non-generic reply and second of all I am afraid I will just get generic attempts at "placating" me when I am not in need of placating.  I just want to tell them about my experience and how it did not match what they had promised, not to get some sort of compensation or because I am angry, but because if I feel this way it is likely others do too, and Royal should know. 

Anyone know who I could email about our experience with The Key?

You could try mbayley@rccl.com.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MissLittle1959 said:

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

On the Anthem right now and have not seen much of Key people.  There were some saved seats the first night at We Will Rock You but have not seen them at Flow Rider or iFly.  I was wondering if or how they would impact the suites guests but so far you would not know they were around.

I am not surprised that you haven't seen that much of the Key people. I am just guessing, but I don't think that the majority of the people who purchase the Key are doing it for special hours at the flowrider and rock wall etc. It seems that the people in this thread who are the most unhappy with the Key are so because of the lack of private hours at these attractions, especially the flowrider!

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

I am not surprised that you haven't seen that much of the Key people. I am just guessing, but I don't think that the majority of the people who purchase the Key are doing it for special hours at the flowrider and rock wall etc. It seems that the people in this thread who are the most unhappy with the Key are so because of the lack of private hours at these attractions, especially the flowrider!

I will definitely be taking advantage of the private hours.  I have never done either on two other cruises with RCCL so this time I want to.  Hopefully there's no one else there to watch me make a fool of myself. lol  But I will definitely report back on my experience.  

27 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

I will definitely be taking advantage of the private hours.  I have never done either on two other cruises with RCCL so this time I want to.  Hopefully there's no one else there to watch me make a fool of myself. lol  But I will definitely report back on my experience.  

I will sit in the stands and cheer you on! You're on a cruise and you will never see these people again so have fun. Just don't hurt yourself😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

I will sit in the stands and cheer you on! You're on a cruise and you will never see these people again so have fun. Just don't hurt yourself😊

haha, no intentions of hurting myself, but I also don't plan to stand up either.  Only the laying down one. lol  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Oh, I'm sure, but never ever having done it, I'm not risking an injury, not at my age! 😉

Don't let that stop you.  I'm past 55 (for sure)...and FlowRider was terrific fun. Also did iFly, ZipLine, Abyss, and Rock Wall.

Gotta have fun and try it at least once.!

23 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Don't let that stop you.  I'm past 55 (for sure)...and FlowRider was terrific fun. Also did iFly, ZipLine, Abyss, and Rock Wall.

Gotta have fun and try it at least once.!

I am past 55 as well. lol  Who knows, maybe I will get the courage to stand up.  We shall see!  I'm definitely doing iFly and the rock wall as well.  Oh, and the trapeze and roller skating!  And bumper cars are a no-brainer! 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

I am past 55 as well. lol  Who knows, maybe I will get the courage to stand up.  We shall see!  I'm definitely doing iFly and the rock wall as well.  Oh, and the trapeze and roller skating!  And bumper cars are a no-brainer! 🙂

I'd recommend signing up for the Flowrider lesson if possible. You get more "me" time and the personal training, all without a big audience. 👍 

20 hours ago, siempredescalzo said:

Ah ok I wonder if it's not showing up since I bought the key far in advance of the 90 day check in. If I wasn't grandfathered into the $20/day price I'd try cancelling and rebooking to see if that made a difference. Def not worth the price increase just to (maybe) see it on my set sail pass! 

We had the same situation 2 weeks ago when we went on Liberty.  We had the $20/day price and nothing showed on our set sail passes.  We even called to confirm we did indeed have the Key.  I guess they punish us for not paying full price by making us stress out that they screwed something up.

1 hour ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Oh, I'm sure, but never ever having done it, I'm not risking an injury, not at my age! 😉

Is your name stating your birth year?  In which case I can almost positively assure you I am older.

jc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Umm, isn't that like $300?  I'm not that adventurous! lol

Nope. When I scheduled mine...it was like $55-$60. You'll be in a small group of 4 people. If you're lucky (like I was), a couple might drop out and give you even more time to "solo". :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Nope. When I scheduled mine...it was like $55-$60. You'll be in a small group of 4 people. If you're lucky (like I was), a couple might drop out and give you even more time to "solo". :classic_biggrin:

On RCL's website it is a private lesson, so where do you schedule a small group session?

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It is a private lesson. Per person...it should be a smaller amount...maybe call them to ask.

You can definitely book it once you get on board.  You can, also, get a group to buy a session.  Have done this a couple of times on cruises when it was hard to get wave time with others in the line.  Hence, why I bought the key.

jc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

You can definitely book it once you get on board.  You can, also, get a group to buy a session.  Have done this a couple of times on cruises when it was hard to get wave time with others in the line.  Hence, why I bought the key.

jc

Good suggestion...and another option.