Coffee Card - FYI

Mikew0805

6 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I agree the wording is misleading and should be fixed for the Café Card.  If I bought the Café Card and found out after that there was additional punches for larger coffees and that was not explained up front I would complain and possibly sue.

What I had commented before about price guarantee was clear on their website and I was not complaining about that.  Only pointing out that on occasion RCL was more generous than their website required.

My general view is that if a business does not live up to their obligations or they are intentionally misleading I just don't do business with them, period.  If enough people stop doing business with unethical businesses then maybe things will change.  FYI,I will forgive a certain amount of sales puffery, I expect everybody to do that.

i agree with you. I am sure they have heard enough complaints to make it right.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, LB_NJ said:

I do not understand why the card is not worth it for a single shot coffee drink like a latte or cappuccino.  A single drink would be at least $3.54 (when you add the gratuity to the $3 mentioned above) and with the card it works out to $2.44 per drink ($31 plus 18% for 15 drinks). A savings of about 30% over the single drink price.

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's not a scam. It's classic bait and switch by advertising one service or product  and delivering another. Imagine all of the newbies who didn't read the fine print and just accept the 2 or 3 punches. Since they have a prepaid card they don't even take the time to check the individual pricing and figure out that it would be cheaper a la carte'.   The more I read this board the more I realize that all of Royal Caribbeans business tactics are on par with a carnival snake oil salesman. Actually the snake oil salesman isn't as transparent as Royal Caribbean.

two wrongs don't make a right

right

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

RCL is a business.  RCL should make the choice that maximizes profit.  If they make more money by selling fewer cards and selling fewer large coffees but at full price then that is what they should do.  

The only reason they have the card in the first place is they have decided that they make more money by selling the card rather than people buying single shot drinks at full price.

They could just as easily decide to get rid of the card altogether.  I doubt the coffee card influences anybody to cruise on RCL.

Whatever, If you advertise it is your responsibility to provide the service you advertised. It is a matter of good business ethics.

22 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

But lately it feels like all large Corporations care about is squeezing us for every last penny they possibly can.  Is it any wonder in this environment that people "cheat" on drinks packages and anything else they can? 

There's nothing "lately" about it - it has been going on forever (maybe more obvious with easy/fast info exchange made available lately) and people cheat on all kinds of things, and not to get back at capitalist businesses.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

It is the RCI business principle to scam the passengers wherever they can! :classic_rolleyes:

No, but they in business to make a profit. Choice, pay, or not, or take your business elsewhere... A cruise is cheaper now then 30 years ago dollar for dollar. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

No, but they in business to make a profit. Choice, pay, or not, or take your business elsewhere... A cruise is cheaper now then 30 years ago dollar for dollar. 

You are totally missing the point!

They have a very bad busines thic - they promise one thing and then intentional deliver something far less valuable!

That is what I call a scam!:classic_angry:

But most people are willing to put up with it or find a phony excuse for them and that is why they still do it!

If you call them out on it - they are forced to stick to their promis - but it is a pain to raise a stink every time to get what you paid for!:classic_rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Destaw71835 said:

I just boarded Anthem today and the number of card punches by cup size is now policy on this ship. The only exception to this policy is if you order iced non-blended drinks since they only offer the grande size.

This is very disappointing. ☹️

Call them out on it - raise a big stink and put their own  T+C in their face!👍

41 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

You are totally missing the point!

They have a very bad busines thic - they promise one thing and then intentional deliver something far less valuable!

That is what I call a scam!:classic_angry:

But most people are willing to put up with it or find a phony excuse for them and that is why they still do it!

If you call them out on it - they are forced to stick to their promis - but it is a pain to raise a stink every time to get what you paid for!:classic_rolleyes:

Nope, as I said "they in business to make a profit. Choice, pay, or not, or take your business elsewhere"

25 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nope, as I said "they in business to make a profit. Choice, pay, or not, or take your business elsewhere"

I agree they are in business to scam as many people as they can get away with!:classic_angry:

I hope more and more people will fight back!👍

We had a little revolution at the coffee counter on Navigator ...about the punches - they were very quick to get it solved before other vitims would learn about it!

They marked the cards of the10+  protesters with a note to only punch 1 punch ANY size!:classic_biggrin:

Maybe I should hand out copies of the T+C from the website one morning in front of cafe promenade to the vitims...😎:classic_laugh:

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

I go to Starbucks on a regular basis and get a tall americano.  Got those on the Granduer also.  Never saw a coffee card.

As far as I know a tall americano has two shots, not one.   With one it tastes like water.  Have to say on the Granduer our drinks were great, because they still use the old  fashioned machine with which you have to tamp the coffee grounds down by hand and then pressure steam the espresso.  The new machines are all automatic.   So if i order a tall / small I better get two shots.  On that same cruise I had bought a beer card for draft beer.  Next day half the machines were out.  No more cards for me.

3 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I agree they are in business to scam as many people as they can get away with!:classic_angry:

I hope more and more people will fight back!👍

We had a little revolution at the coffee counter on Navigator ...about the punches - they were very quick to get it solved before other vitims would learn about it!

They marked the cards of the10+  protesters with a note to only punch 1 punch ANY size!:classic_biggrin:

Maybe I should hand out copies of the T+C from the website one morning in front of cafe promenade to the vitims...😎:classic_laugh:

LOL

20 hours ago, amster65 said:

I go to Starbucks on a regular basis and get a tall americano.  Got those on the Granduer also.  Never saw a coffee card.

As far as I know a tall americano has two shots, not one.   With one it tastes like water.  Have to say on the Granduer our drinks were great, because they still use the old  fashioned machine with which you have to tamp the coffee grounds down by hand and then pressure steam the espresso.  The new machines are all automatic.   So if i order a tall / small I better get two shots.  On that same cruise I had bought a beer card for draft beer.  Next day half the machines were out.  No more cards for me.

We are talking about the coffee select card which is rccl and is not applicable to starbucks.It includes 15 coffee speciality any size but does not include double shots or LARGE TO GO whatever that means. Only good in the other coffee venues on ship . Sounds like your best deal is starbucks if you like that coffee exclusively. I like settlesbest myself and always love the coffee served in the promenade. 

On 11/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, allentownahoy said:

Whereas all the inconsistency between ships is infuriating my fear is that with all the recent inquiries to corporate soon no ship will allow one punch for any size. There goes the value of the card for me. I like frappuccino's and iced coffees. I also like medium or large macchiatos and lattes.

Don't be afraid lol It won't be a good any way if you can't purchase any size coffee as advertised.

ear Donna:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The information we have available on the Café Select Coffee Card is that one beverage is equal to one punch on the card, with no stipulation on size. However, an additional punch will apply for a large to-go order, or for each extra shot in a beverage. We apologize as we do not have additional information.

Donna, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We appreciate your kind feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Angermayer
Royal Caribbean Customer Support

So this is the last response i got . I think the subject is closed now. They will have to make sure every ship is on the same page. It seems like the anthem of the seas hasn't received the memo yet.LOL ie Any size coffee. lol. Hope this helped you all.

2 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Don't be afraid lol It won't be a good any way if you can't purchase any size coffee as advertised.

Well it sounds like as I feared, bringing it to the attention of corporate has ruined it for Anthem. They have now changed as well. No more coffee cards for me and I will not be buying specialty coffees anymore. So they will be losing revenue from me.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, Destaw71835 said:

I just boarded Anthem today and the number of card punches by cup size is now policy on this ship. The only exception to this policy is if you order iced non-blended drinks since they only offer the grande size.

This is very disappointing. ☹️

Well the frappuccino type drinks only come in a larger size too so why are they not still one punch

On 11/17/2018 at 3:21 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah.. either your not understanding our gripe, or you don't care and just take pity on the poor little billion dollar corporation.

We ARE making a choice based on what they advertise it as. Then AFTER we pay, they are changing the product that they sold us. If you are okay with handing money over for one product, and getting something different... good for you. I, on the other hand will not be taken advantage of, and the results of my interaction with the beverage managers proves that to be true. 🙄

• Like 4

On 11/17/2018 at 10:05 AM, ONECRUISER said:

This has nothing to do with anything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CactusRoot said:

The Punch card is only good for that sailing. The date is on the card usually. We split card for 2 of us.

We would have skipped the card on the Anthem if we had known the free coffee was so good. 

That date is just the sail date that it was purchased on. This has never been an issue, and is always honored on subsequent sailings, and on different ships, in my experience. They advertise it as such... right in the cruise compass. 

I was getting off the elevator on Anthem with a young lady and mentioned I was on my way to the Diamond Lounge to get my double espresso eye opener.  She mentioned that she was just going over to Starbucks (which was on the way) because it was free.  I said, Free???  She said, yes, I purchased a coffee card.  :classic_dry:

• Haha 1