Coffee Card - FYI

Mikew0805

30 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

Your so funny. They usually charge a fee that includes tips. 31.00 for card and then after graits it comes to 37. something.Still a great deal and you would pay graits anyway. 

I think this entire thread is based around the fact that this may or may not be true......... depends on which way the wind is blowing on the number of punches per drink.

47 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I think this entire thread is based around the fact that this may or may not be true......... depends on which way the wind is blowing on the number of punches per drink.

i did write to corporate about this and they did say its one punch per coffee drink. but a large to go i guess that something that includes some extra prep. is extra or a extra shot if you order an extra shot is considered 2 punches. they said in most cases frappachino is included in the one punch. so really thats my only concern. just don't sk for a large to go whatever that means lol. i will try to make a copy and send it you but i am over 60 and computer illiterate. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

i did write to corporate about this and they did say its one punch per coffee drink. but a large to go i guess that something that includes some extra prep. is extra or a extra shot if you order an extra shot is considered 2 punches. they said in most cases frappachino is included in the one punch. so really thats my only concern. just don't sk for a large to go whatever that means lol. i will try to make a copy and send it you but i am over 60 and computer illiterate. 

This has been a problem since at least 2017 when "a coffee drink" is open to interpretation. I complained and got $50 future OBC because of the inconsistency. They know about it. That have known about it, yet are not bothering to clarify the verbiage on the web site when you purchase. You know why? They're still making a huge profit off of it. Most folks won't argue with the barista or complain. And $3.00 for a single shot of espresso, possibly with some milk and flavor? Vastly profitable and it is less expensive than their posted prices. If you're okay drinking singles then the math works. But if you want a double or a triple? The menu prices are less. And that's why I won't bother even finishing the half-used card I have. I'm on vacation. Why am I being forced into doing math for a proper cost-benefit analysis when I just want a morning cappuccino?

42 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Why am I being forced into doing math for a proper cost-benefit analysis when I just want a morning cappuccino?

I think they're counting on you not being able to do the math before you've had your morning coffee.......  😁

• Haha 2

On 8/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, the mistral wind said:

Your so funny. They usually charge a fee that includes tips. 31.00 for card and then after graits it comes to 37. something.Still a great deal and you would pay graits anyway. 

I am guessing that by you saying "graits" that's short slang for gratuities? I have never heard that, pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Recent? Yes. Navigator? No.

July 21 embarkation, Freedom of the Seas. One punch for small, 2 punches for large. Frozen blended coffee drinks excluded altogether.

I can't remember the menu prices for a large.  Does anyone have a current list?  Again, it's trying to do the math, because two punches is ~$6.  But when I tried to get a large back in 2017, they wanted to punch the card THREE times.  And that's ~$9.  Definitely makes the card a losing proposition.

I'll never get this and it's probably just me.  But the actual coffee portion of these drinks are BY FAR the least expensive part.  The milk and the flavors are far more expensive.  But they're fixated on espresso shots.

I wish they'd just be honest and make it consistent on every ship and then put that policy in plain letters on the website when you buy the thing.  Anything else feels like they're trying to get something past the customer.

58 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I can't remember the menu prices for a large. 

The cost on those is less than two punches, so the card makes no sense if that's what you drink.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The cost on those is less than two punches, so the card makes no sense if that's what you drink.

Thanks, that's what I was remembering.  Personally I drink mediums cappuccinos, but with an extra shot.  Definitely not worth buying the card.

4 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Thanks, that's what I was remembering.  Personally I drink mediums cappuccinos, but with an extra shot.  Definitely not worth buying the card.

Thanks guys. I emailed Royal so I'll let you know if I get anything in writing to confirm one way or another.