Any experienes checking in and using Kids club for 2yr. old?

dolphiness

Would feel more comfortable if anyone can give me some details and experiences of using the kids club for a 2 yr. old.  Cruised several times, but not with toddler! HELP PLEASE!! Not my preference, but taking son and wife, and they insist bringing her. Thanks for ANY help!

My son's first cruise was when he was 2.  It was an extended family vacation and I insisted on Carnival as they were the only line that allowed 2 year olds in the kids club.  He was a daycare kid so it wasn't very clingy.  But I dropped him off the first night and had dinner with the rest of my family and it was HEAVENLY!  He lasted a couple of hours the first night but it got longer and longer each night.  It was such an enjoyable trip as I actually got a break!!  I would even drop him off on port days for about 30 minutes to watch cartoons while I packed the stroller and diaper bag.  Grabbed him on the way off the ship.

And just so you know, he turned 13 on Sunday and he and his 9 yo sister are gold on Carnival.  

Edited by amyh13

Our youngest just turned 2 before our first cruise.  He lasted about 45 minutes the first sea day before he was crying and we needed to pick him up.  Every day after that we'd try to get him to go and the workers from the little kid area would say his name and ask him if he was going to come play with them today when we'd drop off our older son, but no luck.  Last year right before he turned 5 he finally started to love to go and wanted to.  So, for a 2 year old I say it depends on the kid if they will like it or not, but IME, the workers were very friendly and sweet.  We still had a great cruise and just walked all over exploring the ship with him in his stroller.

your child needs to be 2 by the day of sailing.     Register them online.    Camps is not opened the first day but they do have an orientation that first day./    Next day they open at 10.   Close at lunch   open back at 2   close at 5 and open again at 7

they do activities every 30 minutes.     Check them in-- then go visit in an hour.  Last cruise I had a hard time at the 2-5 year old camp.   3 counselors and a crap load of kids.   Took me over 20 minutes to get my kids outta there and the entire time a little kids  (about 2 was crying - really sobbing and no one was paying attention to her.    I told mine to go give her a hug and see if she quiets down.)  

If your child is used to being away from parents (day care, etc...) they will be more comfortable.  Some 2 year olds are quite "clingy"...it's the age when separation anxiety sets in....goes away in a while, but 2 can be tricky!  They are VERY good with the kids....if your child isn't used to being away from you, it might be tricky!

18 hours ago, cb at sea said:

If your child is used to being away from parents (day care, etc...) they will be more comfortable.  Some 2 year olds are quite "clingy"...it's the age when separation anxiety sets in....goes away in a while, but 2 can be tricky!  They are VERY good with the kids....if your child isn't used to being away from you, it might be tricky!

Yes...she attends day care all week. Parents both work. Been going since few months old, so hoping it goes well so they can have some down time. Thanks so much!

All good advice !! My gals are grown now 17 and 22 but both started cruising when they were 2 and did great at the kids clubs. In our experience the counselors were wonderful and the kids had a great and safe time and it is good for them and You .  A cruise is a different situation for them and interacting with other kids is great for them. Check on them, if they are doing fine, go relax.

We always brought comfort items .....you have to think they are in a new environment and not the regular snacks they may be used to. A super hero or Disney princess pillow  case over the normal one , makes a fun nap/ bedtime and some normal fruit snacks, granola bars, teddy grahams.....what ever is their favorite is comforting... We are sailing soon....probably my 22 year olds 18th cruise ! They will love it and so will you for years to come. Enjoy!!!