LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

h20cruzer

HI Norma!

We'll be joining you for the TA and then B2B in the Buenos Aires round trip. Love reading along to fill the time until we board. We arrive in Barcelona Monday.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Gretchen

Finally,I never knew anything could make me so happy. We had dinner in Murano,  our waiter Ali and our wine steward Koray did a fabulous job. Lisa had the crab parfait and I had the pork belly  extra crispy for appetizers . Lisa have the lobster prepared table side and I had the Duck breast, both were exceptional. I skipped dessert and Liesa had the gran mariner soufflé.  I could tell by the look in her eyes it was wonderful .

• Like 1

I just have one tiny rant this morning. 

My friend Lisa was inquiring about the chef‘s table the day,  the time,  the price etc.  Its priced at $279 per couple, however if you’re just one person the rate is $199 a person. So if you want to attend this dinner as a single person you have to pay  $60 more. The question in my head is why does a single person eat more or  drink more wine? It does not seem fair that you were charge more because you don’t have someone to attend the Chef table with.  I myself am not a wine drinker so I was not interested in this bottom line is Liesa either has to pay almost $60 more or find someone that might want to partner up with her for this meal.

Well that is Enough of that. The Martini bar has been very busy at night and the bartenders there are exceptional.

Time for breakfast. The days are passing way to fast. More later.

Norma

Norma, thank you for the detailed accounts. I am reading every post with great interest, as we are coming on for the crossing to Buenos Aires.  The daily program shows "Taj X on 5" under causal dining. Any idea what it means?

Is Elizabeth Captain Club hostess still on board to BA ?  Check if there are any changes coming to the program levels, as I heard from someone on the Solstice mention it.

onyourmark

Hey Norma. If you get a chance, I would love to see pics on any scrapbooking supplies sold on board. I have seen cruiseline-specific kits on Royal Caribbean and Princess, so I'm wondering if there might be something similar on Celebrity.

Norma, I am learning a lot about Eclipse from your posts. So, thank you. 

As I said before, we have several large cruise critic groups that will be doing tours in South America and plan on meeting in the Passport Bar and Martini Bar about the time the ship docks. I heard today that disembarkation sometimes occurs from deck 3 where the Passport Bar is located. If you have that happen on your cruises, please let me know if it would still be possible for 50-60 people to meet at the Passport Bar or would there be too much confusion.

Thank you,
Bill

The internet is worse than dialup.....

spent 45 minutes try to load 3 pages of daily’s, no luck. I’m done with daily’s:):):)

Yesterday was Naples... I didn’t bother to get off I have been here multiple times and nothing was calling my name so to speak. 

We had pre dinner cocktails at the Martini Bar and ended up eating dinner in the buffet.

Not that exciting for many but for me this is what a cruise is all about.

Today we have sat in the coffe bar had breakfast in the Ocean View and booked another cruise.

Norma

17 hours ago, BillandChristy said:

As I said before, we have several large cruise critic groups that will be doing tours in South America and plan on meeting in the Passport Bar and Martini Bar about the time the ship docks. I heard today that disembarkation sometimes occurs from deck 3 where the Passport Bar is located. If you have that happen on your cruises, please let me know if it would still be possible for 50-60 people to meet at the Passport Bar or would there be too much confusion.

Hi Bill, I don't remember ever disembarking from Eclipse in the Passport Bar area itself but I'm pretty sure we have disembarked from Deck 3 forward. I have a distinct memory of walking down the cabin corridor on Deck 3 to disembark. Now, we could have been heading to the forward stairs to go down to Deck 2 where a lot of disembarkations take place, but either way the Passport Bar would be a handy meeting place in that scenario. We have also disembarked directly from the Martini Bar area on numerous occasions which would make that a less than ideal spot to meet as half the Martini Bar area is taken up with barriers and card readers. I would recommend Cellar Masters on Deck 4 as a meeting place instead as I never seen disembarkation take place directly from there.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:09 PM, onyourmark said:

Norma, thank you for the detailed accounts. I am reading every post with great interest, as we are coming on for the crossing to Buenos Aires.  The daily program shows "Taj X on 5" under causal dining. Any idea what it means?

Is Elizabeth Captain Club hostess still on board to BA ?  Check if there are any changes coming to the program levels, as I heard from someone on the Solstice mention it.

onyourmark

Yes Elixabeth is still onboard. She is gettin off when we arrive in Buenos Aires. 

Taj on 5 refers to a one night special where they serve all Indian cuisine, the gal I am traveling with is going. This cruise it’s held on Saturday Nov 17. I will try to let you know if it’s good.