Cruising & Marijuana?

JeffElizabeth

Thanks copper.8, it was on the Zuiderdam last summer over an incident in St Petersburg - quite a long thread about it here with no "official input, context or understanding - just our own speculation from a lay passenger point of view and some potentially biased media stories: couple were provided air tickets to San Francisco

From the media: 

We were kicked off the cruise by the Holland America captain in Helsinki. He forced us to leave the cruise by 10 am to catch our flight. If we did not leave on time, he said we would miss our flight.”

She said on the day of the alleged assault, they had noticed a group of angry passengers standing nearby. The group had become disruptive because they were forced to wait to disembark the ship for shore excursions, with Ms. Chan noticing one of the men push past crew members. However, they insist they were not part of the disruptive group. ...............

On 11/8/2018 at 5:14 PM, VMax1700 said:

This has been discussed at length in previous threads.

Basically, as the crew are not permitted to use drugs, the cruise lines will not give the opportunity for 'cross contamination' from paying customers and will continue to ban marijuana (and hopefully ban smoking!).

There is much more, including the fact that it is still illegal in many countries and transporting it over borders is an offence.

Though it may   be legal in Canada and some other countries, it is  illegal by u.S. Federal law.   Some U.S.  states   are permitting it both recreational and medicinal but Federal law wins, for now.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:36 AM, Copper10-8 said:

Our guest entertainer, by this time, had come to his very uncomfortable senses and, not being able to get back inside his cabin because his cabin key was resting very comfortably on his nightstand inside that same cabin, did his utmost to remember plan B exit stage right, which was to run to, and hide behind, one of the double doors that lead out to Boat Deck.

So glad I wasn't completely naked at the time 🙂

My "adventure" ended up having fun on the top deck in the middle of the night with said neighbour, getting rid of all alcohol in our fridges and looking at going through the locks to get to Amsterdam. It turned out to be great. The next day however, being disembarked, not so much 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 4:03 PM, chengkp75 said:

If you meet the engineers, you will think that Security are the happiest, friendliest folks around.

ROFL!  In defense of your fellow engineers, we have actually met a few very friendly engineers....especially when they are off duty :).  

Hank

On 11/9/2018 at 4:21 PM, Copper10-8 said:

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be :classic_cool:

And I always say the glass is full, as its half liquid and half air. 

:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by drowelf
  • Haha 1

The Hook, line and sinker story;

A man is walking from the lake carrying two fish in a bucket. He is approached by the game warden who asks him for his fishing license.

The fisherman says to the warden, “I did not catch these fish, they are my pets. Every day I come down to the water and whistle and these fish jump out and I take them around to see the sights only to return them at the end of the day.”

The warden, not believing him, reminds him that it is illegal to fish without a license. The fisherman turns to the warden and says, “If you don’t believe me then watch,” as he throws the fish back into the water.

The warden says, “Now whistle to your fish and show me how they jump out the water.”

The fisherman turns to the warden and says, “What fish?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A man was driving down the highway, last in line but keeping pace with the rest of the cars on the road.  They were all exceeding the speed limit.  They passed a speed trap but he was the one who was pulled over.  

When the Police came to his window the man said “Why did you pull me over when everyone else was speeding too?!”  

The Cop said “Have you ever been fishing?”  

The man replied “Yes.”

The Officer replied “Have you ever caught every fish in the pond?”

• Haha 4