Anthem diamond lounge

GG7703

Has anyone been to the Anthem diamond lounge recently.   Wondering if crowed and difficult to get a seat.   Is an overflow area used if many diamond members.   Going on 12 night 2/3 cruise and enjoy socializing in lounge before dinner. 

The D lounge on Anthem is bigger than most other ships I’ve been on. Definitely bigger than D lounges on Freedom, Adventure and Radiance class. Like any D lounge, we find timing is everything. Yes it can get crowded but if you show up when folks leave for the first seating, usually no problem. On our sailing in May, we did sit in the adjacent lounge one evening when there were no seats. I’m not sure if it was an “official” overflow area but our D server came out and served us there.

7 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

The D lounge on Anthem is bigger than most other ships I’ve been on. Definitely bigger than D lounges on Freedom, Adventure and Radiance class. Like any D lounge, we find timing is everything. Yes it can get crowded but if you show up when folks leave for the first seating, usually no problem. On our sailing in May, we did sit in the adjacent lounge one evening when there were no seats. I’m not sure if it was an “official” overflow area but our D server came out and served us there.

Huh,? DL on Freedom, Voyager and Radiance Class are way bigger than the tiny DL on Anthem.

44 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Anthem DL is very small. Very crowded and service was very slow.  There was no overflow area on our 9 nighter last summer.  Maybe things have changed since then.  We are D+ and spent the cocktail hour in the CL.

I'm not sure that you've got the right ship.  Anthem's DL is the largest of any in the RCL fleet.  Music Hall is the overflow for the DL.  It gets busy when it opens and up to 5:45 as Pax go to eat.

We had the opportunity to go to the CL on our August 9 niter and it got very hot at 5PM.  Also, it's a long way from mid-ship and not good for my better half that has mobility issues.

3 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Huh,? DL on Freedom, Voyager and Radiance Class are way bigger than the tiny DL on Anthem.

IMHO no. The DL on the Voyager and Radiance are tiny in comparison.  The overflow is the VCL.  Can't recall the size of the Freedom class.  As a matter of fact the smallest DL are on Oasis & Allure 11th (deck) as there is no overflow. 

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm not sure that you've got the right ship.  Anthem's DL is the largest of any in the RCL fleet.  Music Hall is the overflow for the DL.  It gets busy when it opens and up to 5:45 as Pax go to eat.

We had the opportunity to go to the CL on our August 9 niter and it got very hot at 5PM.  Also, it's a long way from mid-ship and not good for my better half that has mobility issues.

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Whoops having problems with this new format.  Found the DL on Anthem as tiny as Harmony, way too small for a ship that size.   I've had no issues with DL on other class ships mentioned.  CL on Anthem was great.

30 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Respectfully disagree. I have been in the DL on Adventure, Explorer, Freedom, Liberty and Brilliance. All were definitely smaller than Anthem. Sure you got the right ship? As someone else posted, Anthem has the largest DL in the fleet. Whether or not that is true, I don’t know but it was clearly bigger than the above mentioned ships. Either that or my memory is going bad.

6 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Respectfully disagree. I have been in the DL on Adventure, Explorer, Freedom, Liberty and Brilliance. All were definitely smaller than Anthem. Sure you got the right ship? As someone else posted, Anthem has the largest DL in the fleet. Whether or not that is true, I don’t know but it was clearly bigger than the above mentioned ships. Either that or my memory is going bad.

Maybe I'm going senile at 48 LOL.  It was definitely Anthem.  Tiny DL similar to Harmony's.  Let's leave it at that.

8 hours ago, Wine-O said:

To answer the OP's question, we just got off Anthem.  They opened up a portion of the Music Hall for overflow.  We just got off a 9-night New England/Canada cruise.

Yes, and nice to have free drinks and watch the Karaoke show from the Music Hall portion assigned as DL overflow.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Anthem is much larger than Freedom, but the furniture on Anthem is so big and overstuffed, you'd be lucky to get 30-35 people seated comfortably with virtually no standing room in the lounge.  With the number of Diamonds & above, they really needed to open up the Music Hall for overflow.

16 hours ago, GG7703 said:

Has anyone been to the Anthem diamond lounge recently.   Wondering if crowed and difficult to get a seat.   Is an overflow area used if many diamond members.   Going on 12 night 2/3 cruise and enjoy socializing in lounge before dinner. 

Hi GG7703 ☺️

Here are (19 photo's) of the Diamond Lounge onboard Anthem.

Click on this link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/diamond-club-409446/

My wife & I will also be sailing on the 12-night February 3rd.

Have a terrific voyage!

😊

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Anthem dl is definitely more spacious that Voyager and Freedom class, and we've found it easier to find seats vs when Explorer sailed out of Bayonne.  Overflow seating in music hall has always been available.   NJ winter sailings do tend to have higher # of D's & D+'s, and OP's cruise is pretty fully booked (we'll likely be on that one as well).  Still have no great concerns about overcrowding.  It will empty out after 6pm.

4 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi GG7703 ☺️

Here are (19 photo's) of the Diamond Lounge onboard Anthem.

Click on this link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/diamond-club-409446/

My wife & I will also be sailing on the 12-night February 3rd.

Have a terrific voyage!

😊

From these photos it certainly looks much bigger than the DL on Navigator which so far is our only experience. (Diamond via our Celebrity sailings)

4 hours ago, lakelorain said:

We were on Anthem at the end of July.  No problem getting a seat in the Diamond Lounge.  No overflow was needed.  

We were on the 7/26 sailing and while the ship was at max capacity there were never more than 20 people in the dl.  During summer months they get a  lot of new cruisers and families who haven't reached D status.  Winter has many more D's.

21 hours ago, John Reid said:

The actual Diamond Lounge is very small for this size ship. The overflow into the Music Hall accommodates many more, but it  is not a given and is not the Diamond Lounge. It can be eliminated as overflow at any time.

If you are comparing the Anthem vs. the # of tier level members, then you would be shocked how small (much smaller than Anthem's) the Oasis & Allure DL (11th deck) is in relationship to  the # of tier level members.  Can't comment on the size of the DL on Harmony or Symphony as I've not sailed on them yet, but I understand it's in  different deck than the sister ships.

Edited by nelblu