Ocean medallion - name/photo appears outside cabin?

cpcanuck

You can only locate your own travel companions on the public kiosk. And, as I recall from my last cruise on the CB, to do that you have to log in to your account at the kiosk. Even when I used it (and my hubby was in the cabin) it just showed the deck and general location - it didn't give a cabin number. 

On 11/17/2018 at 4:41 AM, MissP22 said:

The bad downside using the medallion is if you should lose it on the ship & don't realize it at the time, anyone who finds it can have access to your cabin and also know where your cabin mate is at any time. 

Princess doesn't seem to care one way or the other. :classic_ohmy:

Oh please.........It's no different than losing a cruise card and the sky is not falling.

38 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Oh please.........It's no different than losing a cruise card and the sky is not falling.

::ponders::

Actually, you're safer than with a cruise card.  A smart crook will realize the first thing Security is going to do

when a Medallion is reported missing is ask the computer if it's walking down some corridor (The dumb ones

will be answering pointed questions when Security taps them on the shoulder and the sky does fall in on them 😉 )

1 minute ago, Haboob said:

::ponders::

Actually, you're safer than with a cruise card.  A smart crook will realize the first thing Security is going to do

when a Medallion is reported missing is ask the computer if it's walking down some corridor (The dumb ones

will be answering pointed questions when Security taps them on the shoulder and the sky does fall in on them 😉 )

No the passenger services desk will issue a new one. End of story. The paranoia is unbecoming.

14 hours ago, FLCruise7 said:

You can only locate your own travel companions on the public kiosk. And, as I recall from my last cruise on the CB, to do that you have to log in to your account at the kiosk. Even when I used it (and my hubby was in the cabin) it just showed the deck and general location - it didn't give a cabin number. 

Yes it does indicate a cabin location, an exact location and number.

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you truly believe it's the same then they should start printing tne cabin number on cruise cards as well.

Would you have any problem with that?

I do like the Medallion system but it's evident that there's a major flaw in the softwear design that hopefully will be corrected in the near future.

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If you truly believe it's the same then they should start printing tne cabin number on cruise cards as well.

Would you have any problem with that?

I do like the Medallion system but it's evident that there's a major flaw in the softwear design that hopefully will be corrected in the near future.

Methinks you've missed two crucial existing details about the software design:

• You have to have specifically given permission for a particular person to see your whereabouts

• That person must be at the particular public screen in question.

Over and above that, I believe (but do not know for sure) that person has to actually query for your

whereabouts on that particular visit to that public screen.