Coastal Kitchen first night

4 hours ago, island lady said:

That would help.  🙂  Not on Harmony until she comes to see us later next next year.  So Harmony is one that has key cards at your cabin door?  

Allure also had doors open boarding day.  Actually sl and cl had the doors propped open.  Key cards were on the door or inside cabin.  Dont know as my son brought me my seapass as I was hanging out in sl.

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Allure also had doors open boarding day.  Actually sl and cl had the doors propped open.  Key cards were on the door or inside cabin.  Dont know as my son brought me my seapass as I was hanging out in sl.

Did you like that system OK?  Will hold judgement until we experience it, but I still think I would prefer having my sea pass card card right away at check in.  Not really sure why the change?  

We have not had any bad service or food in CK.  Love the relaxing environment in there.  Agree...lunch and breakfast is really the best, but still had nice dinners.

On our first Oasis cruise we had terrible service and food in the MDR.  Tried 150 and Giovannis the next one...was not that impressed either with those.  Will see if our luck holds with our pleasure of using CK on the next 3 cruises this winter.  Thought the steak in CK was way better than Chops on most ships.  

Edited by island lady

Island Lady

Yes from above.

That is why I posted that so few spots are left because those of us in suites get first dibs on CK, and those that are in JS will get if anything left.

I knew she was in a JS.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Did you like that system OK?  Will hold judgement until we experience it, but I still think I would prefer having my sea pass card card right away at check in.  Not really sure why the change?  

I prefer the old system of getting our key cards at checkin.  But they have probably done this to speed up processing times in the terminal.  

SL was a little crowded as the doors were wide open.  Also no concierges present until after the muster drill.  It was a lot more crowded boarding day in SL compared to when we were last on oasis that did not have doors wide open.  

14 hours ago, frank808 said:

I prefer the old system of getting our key cards at checkin.  But they have probably done this to speed up processing times in the terminal.  

SL was a little crowded as the doors were wide open.  Also no concierges present until after the muster drill.  It was a lot more crowded boarding day in SL compared to when we were last on oasis that did not have doors wide open.  

I would prefer that also.  Nice to get that card at check in.  The cards are already printed up before we even get to the terminal and are in a big box waiting for us.  Agent only has to grab the card.  My good friend and neighbor works check in counter in PC. 

Now it seems the cards have to be distributed and passed out to each cabin.  Seems like more foot work for the cabin attendants or whom ever brings them to each one?  Seems strange to me, but I guess they have their reasons. 

SL packed up with doors wide open on embarkation day now eh?  Hmmm...interlopers?  😮😉 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, pete1681 said:

Previously in a JS we would go to CK as soon as we boarded and would be able to make reservations for the entire cruise. Is this no longer the case?

Depends on the particular policies in place on that sailing.

6 hours ago, pete1681 said:

Previously in a JS we would go to CK as soon as we boarded and would be able to make reservations for the entire cruise. Is this no longer the case?

500 eligible passengers and maybe 300 slots.  😉

On 11/21/2018 at 5:02 PM, pete1681 said:

That's what we did when booked in a JS...went straight up there to inquire about reservations in CK.  Got lucky to nab a few nights.  Enjoyed...and hooked!  🙂 

2 hours ago, Pat-the-Red said:

Yes, this will be our third JS on the Oasis and we have been fortunate to be able to dine there every night but the first. We will survive if not able to get in the first night. 😊 Thanks for all responses!

First night on Oasis is one of the best. 

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up, we were able to eat in Coastal Kitchen every night, including the first. However, the only time available was 8:00. Fortunately, we seldom go to the evening shows, because there is no way to make either the 7:30 or 9:00 shows when dining at 8:00. We are night owls, so the 10:30 comedy show worked just fine for us. We enjoyed our dinners and excellent service from our waiter.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

John...in case you are still checking this thread....yes, I had the Cauliflower steak as a side dish to to the filet of beef.  Indeed very yummy!  Bucky and I shared it.  🙂 

Did you like the raisins?

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you like the raisins?

There were raisins?  I saw the garlic...and tasted them later. 😮  Maybe too many drink-poos to notice the raisins I guess.  Anyway...if they were there...I like those too.  😉