No gelato or milkshakes on new drink packages???

LadySpoilt

5 minutes ago, floridian1 said:

Seems on all cruise ships, the cruise ship workers are often LAST to be told of package and policy changes...however it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Maybe so, but my experience is upper level management on the ship have a heads up.  Besides I'm interested with whats happening today.   

7 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

That is good news & fair for anyone splashing out cash well in advance, it is an insult to deny them. But this pill is now hard to swallow. I will seek revenge through breaking the alcoholic record on beer, spirits & cocktails! Poor health choice but gelato & milkshake are not any better in reality lol

lol........go for it!!!!

2 hours ago, sportslady198 said:

Even no room service for YC? even in the Haven when we were on it, we got room service. Considering, people have already paid a premium price for the YC and already paid the final payment, this is disappointing. 

Do we know this to be true for Yacht Club?  We're on Seaside in January.  

Just now, sidari said:

Anyone with a booked Deluxe package should get the premium plus. 

I had not booked the drinks package yet, as I say four months of holding the money in my account better than in MSC's lol as much as we love them!

Just spoke to MSC & it seems confusion is still alive & well but basically if I book Premium Plus then it is the same as the former deluxe EXCEPT no gelato or milkshakes!

I think this is really tight considering you are paying £51.00 per day.

The room service & minibar ARE still included at Premium Plus.

My booking shows no child prices for the equal package but she said this is down to today being the launch & that someone has to input the data into each cruise!

She did also suggest that there is a new Premium non-alcoholic package at £19.00 per day that adult non-drinkers can have even when sharing a cabin with drinkers.

No use to me/us but if true a few people will be happy.

I say just increase the price, re-name (Premium from Deluxe) and leave the rest as it was!

I think the big question is what happens to people in Aurea and YC who haven’t “bought” drinks packages at the moment, but expect them to be included.

Does this fall into the booked before X date model, not sure how that would work in YC as people say?

We will have Aurea on our April cruise.  From what I can tell on our booking, the difference between Easy ($245) and Premium is ($434) is now $180 per person and no longer includes gelato or shakes. So we went from around $150 to upgrade all 4 of us to include everything we wanted to $360 not to include half of what we wanted?  We haven't made final payment yet although we have booked airfare.  I'll be looking at another cruise because of this.  That's a drastic change, as far as I'm concerned. 

9 minutes ago, rattla said:

I think the big question is what happens to people in Aurea and YC who haven’t “bought” drinks packages at the moment, but expect them to be included.

Does this fall into the booked before X date model, not sure how that would work in YC as people say?

1 minute ago, cathep said:

We will have Aurea on our April cruise.  From what I can tell on our booking, the difference between Easy ($245) and Premium is ($434) is now $180 per person and no longer includes gelato or shakes. So we went from around $150 to upgrade all 4 of us to include everything we wanted to $360 not to include half of what we wanted?  We haven't made final payment yet although we have booked airfare.  I'll be looking at another cruise because of this.  That's a drastic change, as far as I'm concerned. 

Amen to that.

Own goal brewing I feel.

3 hours ago, sidari said:

All previous booked packages will be honoured say MSC, from today Aurea get the Easy package instead of Classic in the USA.

now we can only hope that all crew members will know about it, and we will not need to argue every time we order :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by GOLDENBONNY
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

now we can only hope that all crew members will know about it, and we will not need to argue every time we order :classic_rolleyes:

Yeah.  With multiple versions of drinks packages on the same cruise, it could be real messy.

NOTE.....only trying to lighten the mood and inject a bit of humor here.......but remember the great crepe debate from a few months ago??  If gelato and milkshakes are not included now.....I dare say crepes will be banned as well!!:classic_blink:

Edited by LadySpoilt

I'm on hold right now with MSC.  Wanted to see what they'd say.  The rep is being very nice, but honestly didn't know.  He's reading to me from the memo his supervisor just emailed, which sounds like the European explanation to the new packages.  

He just put me on hold again when I asked for clarification about what's included for YC.  I also asked if they would be honoring what was available at the time we booked.  Definitely a learning process for them.  

Kind of an unsettled feeling about this.  Like if I were to call back later today, I'd probably get different answers.

.....still on hold....

17 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

NOTE.....only trying to lighten the mood and inject a bit of humor here.......but remember the great crepe debate from a few months ago??  If gelato and milkshakes are not included now.....I dare say crepes will be banned as well!!:classic_blink:

I know it's only gelato and crepes...but it bugs me that they made a big deal about both of those being included when I booked our upcoming cruise.  (And of course I can buy it if I want, but that's not the point.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I know it's only gelato and crepes...but it bugs me that they made a big deal about both of those being included when I booked our upcoming cruise.  (And of course I can buy it if I want, but that's not the point.)

I agree with you, it really bugs me.  I will admit that I did probably visit the gelato bar WAY to many times during our cruise (still trying to get that weight off), but being a very very light drinker I figured I had probably made up for it in the Venchi bar.  And it is not a matter of being stingy or not being able to afford a cup of gelato, its the initial promise that that is one of the perks I got when I booked and paid  for the YC.  Just give me what I booked and paid for, don't try to change the rules middle of the game.  That and don't take away my priority elevator perk!!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Only gelato?? What do you mean with ONLY gelato??? :classic_tongue:

On 11/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, rattla said:

YC does not have to buy.  It is included.  At least it was when I booked my 5/11/19 Seaside YC. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, citizenfrank said:

It is very frustrating. My next sailing is Seaview in April so it will be caught up in all this. Mrs Frank just said if only we purchased deluxe package before the changes! But as I replied who pays out £11-1200 four months ahead of sailing, it is a lot of cash. Having just returned from Fantasia with deluxe there are things I would not want to miss out on, but it seems that we will!  

This ^^^

We, too, are sailing aboard the Seaside in April. Like you I was waiting to pay for the cruise before I upgraded to the premium pkg. Realistically, the wife will never drink enough to justify the alcohol pkg, but might possibly slurp down enough gelato and such to make it at least palatable. Including the mini-bar was the clincher. Now it won't kill us to pay for a drink from the mini-bar, but it was just a perk I told her she could enjoy and not worry about. Will have to try that Yacht Club one day if we ever sail MSC again, but as we're travelling with another couple we'll stay down in steerage. LOL

Jim

On 11/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, sidari said:

Premium plus is not available on our cruise out of Miami, but others on UK FB pages say it is on Europe sailings! very odd.

I have no interest in gelato, or milkshakes, and had not looked at this thread until now!

That is odd! We have a cruise on Preziosa Feb 2019, out of Barbados, in the Caribbean and P+ is definitely available on that cruise. Certainly, the Preziosa Caribbean cruise does not hit USA islands or mainland but you would expect the various experiences to be identical to cruises out of Miami.

Edited by hamrag