The rule about same drinkpackage on the same table

abbflex

How strict are they on this one?  As a Family With small kids, we dont drink much alcohol while on holiday, so the New prices wont be Worth it.  Rather og for a non-alcohole one and pay for a couple of beers/drinks.  Depends on whats included in the non alcoholic one if no  milkshake/frappè/Virgin mudslide I ll just do the soda package. 

anyway,  we`re traveling With grandparents and a friend of them, they will be wanting the Premium package or YC, so am afraid we wont get to sit With them in the MDR if we opt for the non-alcoholic option?  Dont think we ll want buffèt all week. 

6 minutes ago, abbflex said:

How strict are they on this one? 

It's really based on the cabin, not the table.  If you are in a different cabing than you grandparents and their friend, you can do whatever you want for your cabin only.

Oops, sorry!  I just read the new package description.  It seems that is a change, now.  That is unfortunate.

Edited by JAGR
Error

9 minutes ago, JAGR said:

It's really based on the cabin, not the table.  If you are in a different cabing than you grandparents and their friend, you can do whatever you want for your cabin only.

Oops, sorry!  I just read the new package description.  It seems that is a change, now.  That is unfortunate.

I was told that everyone at the table had to have the same drink package, because it was so hard for the waiters to keep Control of who had what package. (No problem for the waiters on RCCL tho). 

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

There are a few details missing here...As I understand it, they don't need a package if they are in YC.  But it they are in YC and you are not, they won't be eating with you anyway.  They have their own restaurant.  EM

As someone has mentioned before YC guest can dine in normal MDR with friends and family, so yes they will be eating with us aswell even if they choose YC.  What details are missing? The basic question is how strickt they enforce that guests have to be on equal level on "drinks included" pr table. 

12 minutes ago, abbflex said:

As someone has mentioned before YC guest can dine in normal MDR with friends and family, so yes they will be eating with us aswell even if they choose YC.  What details are missing? The basic question is how strickt they enforce that guests have to be on equal level on "drinks included" pr table. 

Similarly, I'm wondering how it will be handled that out of the four in my group two of us paid for one of the recently discontinued drink plans and two of us have not paid for a plan yet, so assuming all the reports from people being told that if you already paid for a plan you will still get that plan it will be impossible for all four of us to have the same plan now.  

35 minutes ago, abbflex said:

I wasn't aware YC guests could choose to dine in the MDR? I take it this is one of the newer ships?

37 minutes ago, abbflex said:

That's not true. There is no table available for YC guests in the MDR.

Just now, Captain-John said:

I wasn't aware YC guests could choose to dine in the MDR? I take it this is one of the newer ships?

Im new to msc so have no idea,but read in other threads that it has been done. Just need to inform the consigliere or who is in control and they ll set it up. 

4 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Then someone is telling a lie in this thread. 

Interesting - I would suggest writing to MSC and taking the confirmation onboard with you as proof, just to be sure.

MSC shoreside are rarely singing from the same song sheet as MSC shipside! Good luck.

Edited by Captain-John
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Im new to msc so have no idea,but read in other threads that it has been done. Just need to inform the consigliere or who is in control and they ll set it up. 

The reference to consigliere may not be PC, since it refers to an Italian mob legal advisor.  :classic_blink: Maybe, Maître d' would be more appropriate!

27 minutes ago, Prinz said:

The comment about having sent snail mail to the YC Director makes that comment quite unbelievable.

Ok, so  its not possible to contact the suite concierge/maitre in advance to make requests?  As I said, im new to MSC and mostly just belive what ppl say here.  Helped me a lot on the RCCL board, so thought it would here aswell 🙂

29 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The reference to consigliere may not be PC, since it refers to an Italian mob legal advisor.  :classic_blink: Maybe, Maître d' would be more appropriate!

haha, Sorry.  I ment  concierge,  as on RCCL🙂  

1 minute ago, abbflex said:

Ok, so  its not possible to contact the suite concierge/maitre in advance to make requests?  As I said, im new to MSC and mostly just belive what ppl say here.  Helped me a lot on the RCCL board, so thought it would here aswell 🙂

Unfortunately not. It's great once on board though, but there's no pre-cruise concierge like you get on NCL when you book a suite.

In addition, the YC Director is the Director of the YC. They're not a concierge. They're quite available to help you out with issues requiring escalations once on board though.

3 minutes ago, Prinz said:

Unfortunately not. It's great once on board though, but there's no pre-cruise concierge like you get on NCL when you book a suite.

In addition, the YC Director is the Director of the YC. They're not a concierge. They're quite available to help you out with issues requiring escalations once on board though.

Ok, thanks for info.  🙂  Guess I ll better send a couple of e-mails to MSC about both table sharing rules then.  If we all want my time dining with aurea and also need premium packages we`re soon on the same price level as RCCL anyway. 

17 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Ok, thanks for info.  🙂  Guess I ll better send a couple of e-mails to MSC about both table sharing rules then.  If we all want my time dining with aurea and also need premium packages we`re soon on the same price level as RCCL anyway. 

I'd say just have everyone go YC. Because it is the beeeeeest.

27 minutes ago, Prinz said:

I'd say just have everyone go YC. Because it is the beeeeeest.

Sadly nothing available in YC for 2adults and 2 kids on the 5th april 2020 sailing with meraviglia.  Would concider upgrading to upgrade if the price was right. 

28 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Sadly nothing available in YC for 2adults and 2 kids on the 5th april 2020 sailing with meraviglia.  Would concider upgrading to upgrade if the price was right. 

Oh, that's a shame.

We're in an inside YC the week before that on the Meraviglia and I thought there were plenty of YC deluxe suites available that can have 4. I guess the YC Royal suite still allows for 4, but it would be cheaper to book 2 separate YC Inside cabins instead 🙂

I was on the Seaside a short time ago and had upgraded to the deluxe drink package. The friends I booked with only had the standard package and we had requested a table together.

We sat together, ordered the drinks we each entitled to, and there was never any mention of us not being able to be seated together. I do not believe there will ever be any questions about who you sit with unless one with a deluxe package tries to order 4 premium drinks to include the others with the standard drink package.