I’m confused, but that’s not unusual.

NewSalt

My DH may be facing surgery in the not-too-distant future. Because of that, I haven’t booked a cruise for winter of 2019. At this point, it looks like that may not be necessary, so I’ve been looking at cruises from Port Liberty. At this point, there are very few options for longer cruises. There’s a 12-day Anthem Cruise in early February, but there are only two options for balcony cabins. The first option, “We pick your room,” results in an “ Oceanview Cabin with Balcony Guarantee.”  The second option. “ You pick your room,” results in “Oceanview Balcony Guarantee,” at a higher price point. Neither option allows you to choose your cabin.

What is the difference between the two that I’m not seeing?

Edited by NewSalt

I appears there are "obstructed" and unobstructed balconies avail.  With the higher price, you can specify that you want Unobstructed, if that's important to you.  With the general (cheaper) GTY, you might get an obstructed, but maybe not....it's a gamble.

Another website-that-must-not-be-named shows two 6D cabins ALL the way forward.  Call and ask about them, since the website isn't any help.

Those are the only balcony cabins for that sailing, NewSalt.

Other than that, there are oceanview cabins and suites available.

Or roll the dice with that guarantee.  🙂

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

These are higher than I usually see in January and February on the Anthem.

Are you stuck on the easy drive?

Grandeur has four 9 night cruises January - March, and three 12 night cruises in the same time frame.

At your suggestion, I checked the Baltimore cruises. All of the balcony cabins January-March cruises (I didn’t check 1/3 because that date wouldn’t work for us) are sold out. 

Im going to take a look at NCL to see what they have available. This cruise would put us within a couple of days of Diamond on RCI, but for less money on Norwegian we’d get the deluxe beverage package, some specialty dinners, free wifi, and credits for excursions.  With the price increase for the beverage package on Royal, this may be the tipping point for trying Norwegian. 

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I thought this might have been one of those times that the difference was apparent but I just wasn’t getting it.