carnival shareholder benefit

dubroben22

I would think that you would still get the shareholder benefit even with the FCC. The shareholder benefit is capped at 100 shares so you don't get any additional benefit past 100 shares. It is also a per cabin benefit, so even if you had 100 shares and your significant other/travel mate had 100 shares - if you were in the same cabin, you would only get one benefit.

If you feel you made a mistake by overbuying what you needed for the shareholder benefit, I would just hold on until the share price at least doubles and then sell off the extra 130 shares. Or just hold them until you need that money. I'm guessing the share price should return to the $40's in a year or two (perhaps even sooner). I have 145 shares that I bought just yesterday at $13 and change and will probably dump it when the stock returns to the 40's and make a nice profit. I also already have a 100 shares in an IRA that I will keep for the shareholder benefit plus any quarterly dividends (got that 100 shares at $22) but I planned to hold them long term anyway.

Good for you on that price. My understanding is that you can email/fax your request for the shareholder benefit to Carnival with a copy of the financial statement that you get from your broker/financial institution with certain areas blacked out. A shareholder proxy card is also supposed to work. There have been other threads that show sample letters and instructions for where to send.

I used a copy of my stock purchase from my brokerage account. They said to black out the brokerage account # . I faxed that with a cover letter that had my booking #, name, and sailing dates. Took about 2 weeks and it was added!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kellyann said:

I'm a new shareholder of 230 shares.  My 5/3 cruise will probably get cancelled and I hope to rebook in the Fall.  Please tell me how much OBC I would get with this # of shares.  Do you think I would get the perk since I'd be using FCC.  Actually this cruise was being funded from a September cruise effected by a hurricane.  Also, please tell me what I need to do.

The amount of OBC you would get depends on the length of the cruise. Depending on the length of the cruise you would either get $50, $100, or $250. 

Also there is no difference between 100 shares and more than 100 shares.

2 hours ago, LJN22 said:

I bought 100 shares last week when the price was $8.55. My question is how do I get proof to Carnival that I own the stock?

A statement from your brokerage would be fine. Just black out your account number

47 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

The amount of OBC you would get depends on the length of the cruise. Depending on the length of the cruise you would either get $50, $100, or $250. 

Also there is no difference between 100 shares and more than 100 shares.

That is exactly the good info I'm looking for from all the "experts" on this site.  Luv U Guys.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 3:04 PM, Nic6318 said:

Hi

A person in each cabin needs to own 100 or more shares (in their name). So, the answer would be, no. You would get the credit for the cabin you are booked in.

It’s smart decision to buy 100 shares now while ccl store is under 20 a share.   I have been shareholder for years.

the onboard credit (is only for the person who owns the stock.),  you will fill out a form with cruise info,  and remit a copy of your investment statement (qtrly or monthly statement of holding, it needs your name and date on it, proving shareholder holding of ccl.)

we have received up to 250  on board credit, per cruise  (depending on number of cruise days).  But stock must be in name of shareholder in the room.  Each room will have people in the room listed, and shareholder cannot reside in more than one room.

now if you are in one room, your husband/spouse. in another and you each own 100Or more shares,  then you will get credit in 2 rooms.    

I will also advocate, I owned 105 shares, and before covid I recieved about 50 a quarter dividend (when share price was 50.00+ per share).  So it was good investment.  Now they stopped dividends while pandemic is destroying share value. But you can get it today for about 16.00 a share (a great value).

you need to submit the shareholder benefit form at least 30 days prior to cruise departure...to get credit put on your account.  You can see it online in your reservation once the office applies it.  the shareholder benefit form has all instructions on it.  Just google ccl shareholder benefit form,  you’ll find it.

45 minutes ago, DSofVegas said:

Now they stopped dividends while pandemic is destroying share value. But you can get it today for about 16.00 a share (a great value).

in your opinion, until they start sailing "safely" without masks and social distancing, the cruise industry is in deep poo poo

Remember, you can buy 100 shares now, submit your order summary to CCL and sell the shares at anytime although I'd at least wait for the confirmation that the OBC was applied.  Also, I would imagine if the OBC gets applied and the CCL cancels the cruise, they will need to apply it to a new booking vs it happening automatically.