Upsell Discussions

flyingpirate

Well yeah, I guess, but is it as good as an aft balcony?

Lets see Deck 10 aft BA = 135 sf balcony with a cabin smaller then the GV batroom perhaps 1500 pp - it is all relative. :D

I did give up my aft balcony I had booked for 16 months when the upsell fairy made me an offer I could not refuse for an AB on my next cruise.

What ever you decide they are both great options. You can not go wrong.

Not a bad view from the sundeck:)

1794345105_DawnGVDTsun059.jpg.0f7e64c8afe04efc35a9f379b7f20712.jpg

Jim,

do you know if there are any pics of the Star GV anywhere, I could only find pics of the Dawn (yours included)

waiting, waiting

Plenty around - I will look. There are a few on NCLs photo library

http://164.109.173.139/02.htm

What are you waiting for. If you think they will offer the GV for less then the two cabins it will not happen. It is called upsell not downsell:D

They would be better off leaving you in place and offering it to someone else for less total dollars but at least it would be incremental revenue which is the goal of the program.

Thanks for the links, guys.

What am I waiting for?

I'm waiting for TA fabuloso to call back with the final deal.

The accomodations look quite nice, although the patio decor is just a little cheesy.

Is there actually a view of the sea from the patio or do you have to go up top?

Come on Flyingpirate - you read my review... called me a brat... now it's time for you to pony up and join the elite group who has stayed in the Garden Villa. Besides - on one of your many posts you mentioned you were going to post live reports from the Star - the Garden Villa has it's own computer and printer overlooking the mid-ship pool area. What better place to do live reports from??

Laurel you are being a Tease! So do I get to party with you in the owners suite, or the Villa!??? :p I am sure whichever cabin you have we will still party in! But post soon we have all been wiating with bated breath since Friday! Talk to you soon!

Geez, kids, sorry about that....didn't mean to cause any grief...and if you think YOU'RE in suspense.......

I was going to say: Well, I spoke to my TA this morning and he's going to hear from NCL today as to whether they'll accept my offer, which I upped a bit.

I remain optimistic.

Now to decide - Japanese or Thai :rolleyes:

Damn NCL, I was perfectly happy with our AA and our guests' BB, it seemed like a great setup, now it will be anti-climactic. They make an offer that is expensive but not outrageous, so it just can't be discarded out of hand.

Now, I could redo the hardwood floors in my bedroom and hall, or flagstone our front entry and stairs, put in the relecting pool, waterfall and koi pond I've wanted or take the PoA TransPac in an AA with the difference.

Or I can be Empress for a week.....

:D We are sailing on the Dawn on March 26th the upsell fairy has just paid me a visit. DH and I were in a BB Balcony and are now in an AE Penthouse. Am really excited about this. Can anybody tell me a little about the AE? How is it being in the back of the ship? Does the AE get the same extras as the rest of the Penthouses? The upsell was 250 pp. was this a lot to pay?

Good price. We paid $400 for the penthouse on the... hmmm... I can't remember the NCL ship. It went to Alaska -- that's all I can remember. We loved the penthouse! Back of the ship so we watched our wake - absolutely loved it! Top deck and even having the cafe above us, it was still a wonderful penthouse. The balcony wrapped around the side of the ship.

Or I guess you could say I did a bit of upsell fairy stalking!

Leaving on Saturday on the Dream. We originally started out in an E catagory and I decided, since there was 3 of us, we'd go for a CC instead for the extra space. I was not working but got offered a job on Monday so I decided I'd try for the last AA on the ship. My best friend and I are also celebrating our 40th birthdays.

I called to let them know I was very interested in an upsell to the suite and they called and offered today.

Now, the questions. I know you get a bar setup but does that just include hard alcohol? Or are beer or wine included in that? What brands do they offer? Hey, we are celebrating afterall!

I'm sure I'll have more questions before we leave.

Annie

Hi, we got the upsell call for our 12/8 cruise as well. For our AA we got unlimited soda and evian, one bottle of champagne and three bottles of alcohol. I took a picture of the alcohol menu but unfortunately it came out very blurry :(. From what I can tell the choices were: Gin- Beefeater, Scotch Whisky- Teacher's Highland Cream, Vodka- Finlandia, Bourbon- Jim Beam, Rum- Bacardi Silver, Tequila- Jose Cuervo, Cinzano Vermouth (Dry White and Sweet Red), Sherry- Harvey's Bristol Cream, Port- Sandeman's Reserve, Whiskey- Jameson Irish, and Benedictine, Kahlua, Seagram's and Courvoisier. I ordered the vodka and rum and the Finlandia was replaced with Gilbey's but we did get the Bacardi. I hope this helps!

Archived