Upsell Discussions

flyingpirate

I got the upsell fairy call today for my 2/18 trip on the Sun with a great offer to upgrade to an AE minisuite. I didn't know the way for this either but the boards pointed me to my TA first. I let her know of our interest and she was in touch with NCL. When the call came we jumped!! You can also try dockside. We got an offer on another line by asking at check-in but we needed a block of rooms and they couldn't accomodate that.

We also got an upsale for March 5 on the Dawn. However, upsales at the dock are rare if not impossible on NCL. I know other lines do it, but I have not heard of NCL following that practice. I would not count on it. Get in touch with your TA and good luck.

Hockey 19 and Annie, Enjoy every minuite and have a great sale. Congrats.

About how much do you save with the upsell fairy? Say, I was in a stateroom that cost me $909 pp and the UF called and offered the next cat. up that normally goes for $2,359.

It will depend upon a lot of factors...

*How close you are to your cruise date, the last week the prices will be at the lowest.

*How many of the upper cabins are available, and how fast they are selling.

I think Shoreguy posted an equasion that went something like... Take half of the upper category price ($2,359 /1,180) and subtract the price you paid for the lower category (1,180 - 909) and probably the lowest price they will offer you would be approximately $200 per person.

Remember there are many factors as to who they will call and offer the upgrade to........People who paid the higher fares, lattitude members, and what type of mood they are in that day.

*Remember if they make you an offer you can suggest a counter offer if you don't feel that the price is good enough for you. They may turn down the offer initially, but if the cabin doesn't get sold they may make another offer at a later date. It's a bit of a game.....

:)

immargaret - Thank you! If we were to cruise, it will be on the Majesty in 7 weeks. We would get an AB suite. Do the prices really fall toward the last week?

Are you saying that you haven't even booked your cruise yet? If that's the case don't wait any longer! All the higher category cabins are going to start vanishing very soon, and you're going to be left wondering what happened! These upsells are offered to people who have already booked!

immargaret - Thank you! If we were to cruise, it will be on the Majesty in 7 weeks. We would get an AB suite. Do the prices really fall toward the last week?

Definitely book your cruise ASAP, in the lowest category that you will be happy with. If the AB is available after you book, call and tell them you are interested in the AB.

We are in an AE on the March 5 sailing. We booked it as we had an AD last year on the Star. They are very similar from what I understand. You will absolutely love it. I love being at the back of the ship. No wind and you can enjoy the balcony so much. I don't know nearly as much as most of the other posters here, but I understand that AE gets some of the same benefits. We didn't really use the butler/steward services very much but they brought us snacks and made reservations for us at the specialty restaurants. A great benefit is the priority embarking and getting off the ship. You also get priority tender passes which is nice if you like to go into the ports early. You will really like the large room, dressing area, balcony, and bathroom. I will post a review upon our return to let you know more. I think we are in 9732 on the Dawn if that gives you any reference point. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to help!

We have to wait until tomorrow to know if we can cruise for spring break.

The Majesty is just one option we are considering. The downside is that it is an older, smaller ship than what we are use to, plus we prefer traditional seating. The upside is that the ship leaves Charleston and within driving distance for us and would save lots. Considering flying to Orlando, FLL or Miami, this late would mean big bucks for our family of 5.

On the other hand, we are looking into other cruise line options. If we book the Majesty, we will book the AB (they are available as of now) and then ask about up-selling to the AA.

Thanks for all the help!

Hi CruiseDiva1,

I copied this list from one of Shoreguys posts, he know everything...LOL.

Same perks as AD,AC,AB - afternoon snacks; great robes in the suite. Think of it this way the Butler will do things and the concierge will arange things.

The Butler will serve any meal in your cabin from any resturant onboard. You are provided with an expanded room service menu as well including hot breakfast.

The concierge can make you dinner reservations at any resturant and book your shore excursions.

As An AE passenger you will be invited to the Captains VIP cocktail party and get VIP embarkation and disembarkation.

Enjoy

Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

>

>

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

>

>

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

> In-Suite Dining

have a 'wrap around' deck - my husband really wanted that - but it is blocked off by a partition. We've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not we can get someone to open it for us. On the Star, they were not blocked off except for the ones on the top row - which is what we, of course, unluckily had. We are crossing our fingers on this one.... You also get two lounge chairs for your deck. We actually took naps out there in the afternoons after leaving several ports.

On the bath goodies - yes, we had very nice bath salts, shampoos, soaps, conditioners, etc. I do think they were different in the penthouses than the other rooms.

I forgot about the robes and the cocktail party. Last year we also got invited to dinner with the Captain with two other couples - but I'm not really sure why! It was great fun, though!

Hi CruiseDiva1,

I copied this list from one of Shoreguys posts, he know everything...LOL.

Same perks as AD,AC,AB - afternoon snacks; great robes in the suite. Think of it this way the Butler will do things and the concierge will arange things.

The Butler will serve any meal in your cabin from any resturant onboard. You are provided with an expanded room service menu as well including hot breakfast.

The concierge can make you dinner reservations at any resturant and book your shore excursions.

As An AE passenger you will be invited to the Captains VIP cocktail party and get VIP embarkation and disembarkation.

Enjoy

Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

>

>

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

>

>

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night > In-Suite Dining

Thank you for this information. What is the :confused: Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night? We are so excited, can't wait for this cruise.

Thank you for this information. What is the :confused: Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night? We are so excited, can't wait for this cruise.

I'm thinking this is the night they bring in the chocolate covered strawberries when they turn down the beds at night. It seems like they also pressed clothes for formal night...I could be wrong on that one tho..

I'm thinking this is the night they bring in the chocolate covered strawberries when they turn down the beds at night. It seems like they also pressed clothes for formal night...I could be wrong on that one tho..

:p OMG!!! All these things for MEEEEEEEE, (oh DH too)............ I am so EXCITED!!!!! Thank you for the help immargaret. Can't wait to check it all out.

I am booked on the Jewel for 3/5/06. This is my love and I's 1st so we went with a cheap inside room. I am now realizing that our choice was a big mistake!! Either way, we booked back in May and I have been made aware of the upgrade/upsell feature by family and friends.

We called our TA and she indicated that the ship was booked. She advised that she notified NCL of our groups history (main planner has been on several cruises), our early booking and interest in the upsell, but basically said we have to wait for people to cancel.

Should I give up all hope for the possible upsell? I do not want to get my hopes up too much:(

Any info would be helpful

Jenn

I am booked on the Jewel for 3/5/06. This is my love and I's 1st so we went with a cheap inside room. I am now realizing that our choice was a big mistake!! Either way, we booked back in May and I have been made aware of the upgrade/upsell feature by family and friends.

We called our TA and she indicated that the ship was booked. She advised that she notified NCL of our groups history (main planner has been on several cruises), our early booking and interest in the upsell, but basically said we have to wait for people to cancel.

Should I give up all hope for the possible upsell? I do not want to get my hopes up too much:(

Any info would be helpful

Jenn

I just went to the NCL website to see what cabins are available for your cruise..........there are a lot of open cabins in almost every category. The prices look high to me, but they are available. What category cabin are you looking for? Maybe the TA isn't cooperating because you booked as a group???

Hi Diana, I keep reading about "upsells" and I am trying to figure them out. May I ask you a few ?'s about how you and your husband went about the process and see if I did it correctly?

I called NCL and asked about the "upsell desk". The Rep (who was so nice) told me she had never heard of an actual upsell desk. She put me on hold, came back and asked for my reservation #. She then came back again with my information and told me that there wasn't a list, per se, but she would forward my interest on to the person who is handling the bookings for our cruise. She said if they were to offer us an upsell the upsell person would contact my TA. Is this how it worked for you all?

Thanks so much for any info.

Jo

Hi Diana, I keep reading about "upsells" and I am trying to figure them out. May I ask you a few ?'s about how you and your husband went about the process and see if I did it correctly?

I called NCL and asked about the "upsell desk". The Rep (who was so nice) told me she had never heard of an actual upsell desk. She put me on hold, came back and asked for my reservation #. She then came back again with my information and told me that there wasn't a list, per se, but she would forward my interest on to the person who is handling the bookings for our cruise. She said if they were to offer us an upsell the upsell person would contact my TA. Is this how it worked for you all?

Thanks so much for any info.

Jo

TXJO when we booked our cruise we told our TA that we would be interested in some kind of a upsell. We stayed on her so that she wouldn't forget about us. NCL called our TA and our TA called us with the offer. We agreed with the offer and WA LA AE Penthouse here we come. So call your TA if you have one and let them know that you would be interested in an upsell. When are you sailing?

Archived