Upsell Discussions

flyingpirate

Thanks for posing that dress question Diva :). I was wondering the same thing since I wasn't planning on even packing a jacket. I'm assuming that the information on the AE will be the same for an AC. TXJO, our upsell worked the same way. Our TA knows to call us if she sees any interesting upsells.

My upsell fairy visit came this week (balcony to suite) after I let my TA know I was very interested. This is one of the advantages of working with a TA you give business to on a regular basis. As far as dress code- my experience with NCL is they run a Freestlyle ship. I have been to the VIP party and they don't expect formal wear-even for the captain. I would never go to dinner in jeans and a t-shirt but dress slacks and a button down shirt is my style and the captain won't be upset- my guess is he would probably want to dress down a little like you and me anyway.:)

Is the Captains VIP cocktail party a really really dress up occasion? Really didn't have any plans on bringing dress clothes.

Not really, more California Casual/less dressy cocktaily.

On PoAm we saw ladies in sparkles and men in suits looking uncomfortable. Mostly smart sundresses and Dockers and dress shirts, no ties. Maybe a sport coat or two.

captptycc.jpg.bb444a3629978fa0820287317b4ec822.jpg

We went Aloha!

Let's all do Caribe! Bring your hats with the fruit on 'em :D

We have to wait until tomorrow to know if we can cruise for spring break.

The Majesty is just one option we are considering. The downside is that it is an older, smaller ship than what we are use to, plus we prefer traditional seating. The upside is that the ship leaves Charleston and within driving distance for us and would save lots. Considering flying to Orlando, FLL or Miami, this late would mean big bucks for our family of 5.

On the other hand, we are looking into other cruise line options. If we book the Majesty, we will book the AB (they are available as of now) and then ask about up-selling to the AA.

Thanks for all the help!

The Carnival Victory sails out of Charleston in May and Oct 2006. I've taken a cruise on it from Charleston in the fall of 03. It is a VERY nice ship.

The Carnival Victory sails out of Charleston in May and Oct 2006. I've taken a cruise on it from Charleston in the fall of 03. It is a VERY nice ship.
We have already cruised on the Victory and we did like the ship. Our problem is that we need to cruise/vacation during our children's spring break, beginning March 11th.

My husband told me tonight that he doesn't want to cruise on the Majesty, because he doesn't think we would be happy. Not sure I agree, but I want him to be happy. :) We are now looking at the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral. We could drive or fly.

Another option would be to rent a house at the beach. We vacation at Wild Dunes near Charleston, but I am afraid it would be too cold during the early spring.

To the OP, I have taken over your thread and I am sorry. Thanks to all with the Majesty help! ;)

IMMarg,

thank you for the information.

Like I mentioned, I am new to the cruising world. I am not even sure of the catagory I am in., imaging it is the lowest. would I be able to purchase up a few levels?

The group that we have is not too large(9 adults, in 4 rooms) by any means. Should I re-contact my TA and tell her the information that you provided me with? Or do I wait until a bit closer to the sail date? :confused:

I received by packet with the booklet from NCL with I am assuming tickets. Does that mean I am too late?:eek:

Please excuse the inexperience, I have learned so much from all of you gracious folks out there! :D

What is your sail date? If you have received your documents already I assume that you are going sometime in Feb or early March. If this is so contact your TA and tell them that you are interested in an upsell. If no TA call NCL direct and ask for the reassignment department and ask them about an upsell. You may not be to late but it also depends if they have anything left for your sailing. You can also look on the NCL website under Voyages and Pricing to find out what is still available.

Diva,

We are leaving 3/5/06. We did contact our TA regarding our interest and she indicated that the ship was booked.

IMMarg checked and said that there were still many rooms available.

ShouldI be more persistant with the TA. Should I inform her of the informationon NCl's website?

Are there room catagories that would disqualify use from any upgrades or upsells?

What did your invitation state as far as the dress code? On the Dream it stated "formal" which to me is a suit for men and a dress for the ladies.......

Hi Matt,

I imagine the Hawaiian cruises may be a little more casual, especially with so many carrying their newly purchased island clothing.;)

On our last several NCL cruises, incl. Jewel in Oct., the invitation read "Optional Formal". There were several tuxes & sequined gowns, many suits, a smattering of sportsjackets, and maybe a couple "casual" pants & a shirt. The Captain, HD and all the top brass were in their "formals" and the CD and his counterparts were in tuxes.

I must say, in general, since the party was held on Formal Night, a lot more people did dress up around the ship. It was also an older crowd and not in the Caribbean, all of which can affect the "dress" around the ship.

Importantly with freestyle, as you know,noone much cares. Bring what you think you'd be comfortable in and don't fret about it once onboard.:)

IMMarg,

thank you for the information.

Like I mentioned, I am new to the cruising world. I am not even sure of the catagory I am in., imaging it is the lowest. would I be able to purchase up a few levels?

The group that we have is not too large(9 adults, in 4 rooms) by any means. Should I re-contact my TA and tell her the information that you provided me with? Or do I wait until a bit closer to the sail date? :confused:

I received by packet with the booklet from NCL with I am assuming tickets. Does that mean I am too late?:eek:

Please excuse the inexperience, I have learned so much from all of you gracious folks out there! :D

I would definitely contact your TA, but first of all check out your cruise documents and see what cabin you have now. Go to ncl.com, click on fleet, select the ship, and then check out the deck plans to see where your cabin is. The documents will tell you what category you have. Then go to ncl.com and click on voyages and prices and enter your ship, date of cruise and see all the available cabins and prices......choose a category you will be happy with. Call your TA and let them know that you have been to the ncl website and that cabins are available and that you have a cabin, or category in mind that you would like to upgrade to. They should take it from there and contact NCL and make the changes and let you know how much the price difference will be. You will already have a general idea of what the difference will be, since you've done your home work and checked out the prices. Your TA should be more than happy to get you a better/more expensive cabin since they will be making more comission on the deal. If they don't want to cooperate, call NCL and explain that your TA doesn't want to help you get/pay a better cabin and they will most likely be able to assist you.

:)

:)

Hi Matt' date='

I imagine the Hawaiian cruises may be a little more casual, especially with so many carrying their newly purchased island clothing.;)

[/quote']

You know, I'm sure that's true. When I was on the Dream it was 2003 and the "FreeStyle" ball just started rolling. It makes more sense to offer it as optional on a FreeStyle cruise. :)

Is the Captains VIP cocktail party a really really dress up occasion? Really didn't have any plans on bringing dress clothes.

Our invitation on the PoAm stated dress was "resort casual". Similar to dress for dinner in the dining rooms, so we dressed appropriately.

There was a wide range of attire, everything from what one would expect at a nice cocktail party to an older couples who should have known better dressed like they were at McDonalds on laundry day. However, the majority were dressed appropriately in resort casual or better.

CruisinMatt....nice catch. It does look like CruisinfromMN and CruiseDiva are 1 & the same...doesn't it?

As for the parties...I'm a Latitudes member, and I'm in a penthouse, on a cruiseline which states that the dressiest you ever have to be....is resort casual.

I'm not even bringing a jacket, dress shirt, or tie!

And I'm going to all of the parties! :)

ARe you posting under 2 different handles??

What is posting under two handles? I am the original poster who asked about the dress attire for the Captains Cocktail Party for Suite Guests. In your post you asked which party we were referring to, I was just answering your question. I'm sorry I do not understand what you mean by two different handles.

What is posting under two handles? I am the original poster who asked about the dress attire for the Captains Cocktail Party for Suite Guests. In your post you asked which party we were referring to, I was just answering your question. I'm sorry I do not understand what you mean by two different handles.

I was asking CruisinfromMN what party she was referring to. Sorry for the confusion.

By "handle", I meant user-name.

Archived