Upsell Discussions

flyingpirate

:confused: CruisinMatt..........What makes you think that we are one in the same? Is it something that I said?

LOL....you answered the question yourself a couple of messages ago!

He asked CruisingMN a question, and you answered it. He (and I) therefore thought you were the same person. :o

LOL....you answered the question yourself a couple of messages ago!

He asked CruisingMN a question, and you answered it. He (and I) therefore thought you were the same person. :o

Sorry, I just answered because I knew what we were talking about. I was just so excited that I got that upsell, and all that went with it.

I am new to all of this. Can you tell me how the upsell process works. Do you call the main reservation line or is there another number. Thanks

garboo9 - there's a ton of information here about upsells, and there's a lot of good advice, too. It's best for you to read as much as you can on the topic, as opposed to a "simple answer" . Use the search feature and type in upsell. You'll find the answers to questions you didn't even know you should have! :D

I am new to all of this. Can you tell me how the upsell process works. Do you call the main reservation line or is there another number.

You or your ta if you are using one,contact the upsell desk[1-800-625-4309]have your booking# ready let them know you are interested in an upsell if they are available for your sailing.Tell them the Catagory[more than one if you want]like balcony,suite penthouse.They will either tell you none available or make an offer to you,or you may get a recording telling you to leave information an they will contact you.I would wait no more than a week an call back let them know you are still interested.We start calling the day before final payment and also ask if the price on our booked Cat has dropped if it has you will get the lower orice.After final payment we called at least once a week.We ended up getting a good deal.Another couple on our sailing called an waited for them to return thier call they are still waiting and we sail in less than a week.Good Luck I hope it works out for you. TOM

Hi everyone - I got an upsell for the NCL Majesty on 2/4/06 for 250 pp. The cruise for the AB cabin including port and taxes is less than $1000pp. I think I got a good deal. We went from a DD to an AB. If I remember correctly the extension for the upsells is 1018? - I called and got the upsell price and was told to have my TA call and set it up. This is my first experience with upsells and I hope I have many many more.

We are on the Jewel on 4/9 and are currently booked in a BA (10596). Just made final payment through my TA. I've never sailed NCL before and am not sure what would be considered a good deal. There are four of us in our cabin so would like to get an upsell to at least a mini suite. Can anyone tell me what I should consider a 'good deal'? We booked last May so the price we paid is well below what they are currently advertising - - will that make a difference?

I wouldnt want to tell you whats a good deal,some are obvious sometimes its what you are willing to pay.I would say if the offer is more than you want to pay wait and call at a later time it may go down.Either way have a Great cruise. TOM

Should I be looking at the difference in price between the categories if I were to book today (which is not much at all) or the difference it what I paid when I booked?

One more time here is the basic formula they use.

Current cruise fare only of the new cabin less the cruise fare you paid times 50%-

Example

AE $1500 pp - BA $1000 pp = 500 X 50% = $250 pp for the upsell

They move off that number if they have a lot of inventory or it is getting very close to the sailing date.

Once they get your $500 they will move someone from a Cat. N to your BA and get another $500. Then sell that inside as a last minutes bargin for $500. This way adding one bargin hunter in fact added $1500 pp revenue for that sailing.

Thanks - sorry for you having to go through it one more time. I did search the boards for a while before I asked. Evidently I didn't search hard enough or long enough.

The search feature is a chore. The info you want could be on post 37 of a 100 post thread. :eek:

Thanks - sorry for you having to go through it one more time. I did search the boards for a while before I asked. Evidently I didn't search hard enough or long enough.
Dont worry old information is sometimes wrong things change.If thats the formula they go by I really got a deal. TOM

Or it could be in your 2/12 roll call shoreguy :p :D

Too Funny

I can't find anything there:eek: I think I have posted the same thing 30 times and nobody notices. It is out of control:eek:

At the current rate they will have over 10,000 posts before the group sails.

Too Funny

I can't find anything there:eek: I think I have posted the same thing 30 times and nobody notices. It is out of control:eek:

At the current rate they will have over 10,000 posts before the group sails.

What do you mean 'they'? You're there too.:D There is a lot of binge-posting and it does get crazy.

Tommy - thanks so much for the information. I tried to read all the messages on the thread but the information changed here and there. Thanks for the current phone number and the time line. Shoreguy, the formula information was great too.

Archived