Global Entry in MIA

Hi all

Going on the Mariner on Mon, and have not been out of MIA in a decade.  Does anyone know for sure if the new terminal has a Global Entry line for customs?  I call CBP for the port and the very nice officer I talked to said he thinks they do but was not sure.  Has anyone used it or seen a line for it at the new terminal?

TO BE CLEAR THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ABOUT HOW GOOD OR BAD, THE LOCATION OF THE NEW TERMINAL IS, but can include a discussion on the genius of Redd Foxx in his portrayal of Fred Sanford.

Thanks,    DPR

• Haha 1

They are using facial recognition in Miami now.  Walk up to the machine and if it finds a match you are cleared.  If not then you get to meet an agent.  

EDIT - Terminal A has this.  The older terminals like G do not.

Edited by twangster

At this moment in time, the Crown of Miami terminal is using the beta-test facial recognition biometric system. The Terminal does NOT provide any priority to Global Entry customers (we asked). Just about as fast as you can walk (at speed) through the zig zag lines in Customs and Immigration, you come up to a camera box. If the system matches your face to a stored passport photo, you proceed out the door. If you are traveling with a birth certificate or the system does not recognize you, you're out of luck and have to wait in a  line to talk to a CBP officer. 

Note that this is a beta test system being used at a few airports and the Crown of Miami (Terminal A). It may not stick around once testing is done. 

Last time thru Miami terminal, there was no Global Entry, per se, but if you had Global Entry cards, you were led to the short line to exit the terminal.

Just returned from Cape Liberty Bayonne last month, and they did have the facial recognition lines.  It was super fast.

Are we also talking about the terminal where the Empress docks?  I think that is Terminal G.  I'm assuming it does NOT have face recognition technology for Customs and Immigration, but DOES have a quicker line for GOES card holders.  Is this correct?