St Thomas to St John

serene56

We will be cruising to St. Thomas in February on the Carnival Breeze.  I am wondering if the Havensight Shopping Mall is open and it's stores and restaurants are open.  I know the Hurricanes did lots of damage in that area and some businesses were leveled such as, Senor' Frogs.  Is there enough to do in the Havensight Mall for at least a couple of hours and also is this Mall within walking distance of the West India Cruise ship dock??  Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

For all those who continue to refer to St Johns, that is a town on Antigua.  St John is an island that is part of the USVI.  No one needs a driver’s license, passport or photo ID to travel on ferries between the islands in the USVI.  The person who swears he was required to have a passport in 2006 is mistaken.  I have been visiting St Thomas andvSt John on both cruises and land vacations since the 1980’s.  This has always been the case.  If one decides to visit the BVI, then a passport is required.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:59 PM, msslush said:

We will be cruising to St. Thomas in February on the Carnival Breeze.  I am wondering if the Havensight Shopping Mall is open and it's stores and restaurants are open.  I know the Hurricanes did lots of damage in that area and some businesses were leveled such as, Senor' Frogs.  Is there enough to do in the Havensight Mall for at least a couple of hours and also is this Mall within walking distance of the West India Cruise ship dock??  Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Actually, Havensight was almost untouched by the hurricanes of 2017. It was the staging area for "mercy ships" that took tourists and residents who needed to be evacuated as the airport was not open for a long time. Senor Frogs was on it's way out prior to the storm. There may be some new places like Tap and Still and Brix, and some stores have closed, but it is still a happening spot!!

I owned a home on St. John, USVI for 38 years--sold it in summer of 2017. There has never in my 38 years been a requirement or need for a USA passport to visit St. John from St. Thomas by any type of transportation--including ferries.

Those of you who mention St. John"s, Antigua are correct in that it confuses a lot of people. I once had a large shipment  delivered there instead of St. John, USVI. I took a while to have the shipper correct this error.

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, Sailing Smooth said:

We went to Trunk Bay on our own.  Took a taxi to the ferry.  You'll need another taxi to get to Trunk Bay.  You'll need cash for taxis so plan accordingly.  We were almost short!  It's beautiful!  You can pay for ferry and  park entrance fee with credit card.

Do you mind sharing what the per person cost was for what you mentioned? I keep finding conflicting info.

Crown Bay to Red Hook Taxi: I believe the cost is $15pp.

Red Hook to Cruz Bay Ferry: I know the cost is $8.15pp. I think the threshold to use a credit card is $16.

Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay Taxi: I know the cost is $6pp.