Moorea

bennetts

14 hours ago, bennetts said:

Can anyone tell me where the Ovation of the Seas will be tendering in Moorea

There are two tender locations. One is in Cooks Bay to the pier just north of Hotel Kaveka. The other location is in Opunohu Bay and tenders to the pier next to the Saint Michel Catholic Church which is to the west of the mooring location for the ship.

Both locations have recently been improved and are very nice. Most ships go to Cook's Bay, especially the larger ones. If the weather is rough some larger ships have been known to pass by Moorea, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

• 1 month later...

We're arriving on the Eurodam on Tuesday, March 26, 2019.   I have seen 2 bay areas where ships send their tenders.  One is Opunohu Bay and the Papeto'ai dock and the other is in Cook's Bay.   We would like to visit Allo Pizza, which is in the Cook's Bay area.  What kind of walk would it be from the tender dock in Cook's Bay to Allo ?   If we tender into Opunohu Bay, then I guess it will be a taxi ride, too far to walk.  Are taxi's readily available ?

Also, according to the signs at Allo's, it's cash only.   Are there any ATM's near the tender dock ?   Or should I bring XPF with me ?

If your ship docks at Papeto'ai Bay in Moorea your pizza joint is on the other side of the bay, prob about 2 miles. There were a few taxis available when we were there last month. I didn't see ATM's there but I wasn't looking and there might be. (I would never travel anywhere without having at least $100 local currency in my pocket even paying the exchange rate). If you want to be sure you get a ride to your pizza place and on return try Torea Nui Transports enttoreanui@gmail.com

There are so many other wonderful things to do in Moorea but maybe you've already done them.