Grab your Old Drink Packages Now

sidari

Just wanted to update and say I had no issues on Magnifica using my prebought deluxe package. I know some people were concerned with the roll out and the announcement of the new packages came 3-4 days before our cruise left. But we got all the gelato, milkshakes/smoothies, alcoholic drinks, juice, soda and minibar items we wanted with no problem.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 2:44 PM, citizenfrank said:

You seem to be waiting for everything to go wrong?

Or... At least something will go certainly wrong. Not all, of course, but something. As a southern European myself, I know and understand our very own cultural attitude in face of those things like work flow differences and attitude about business as well like the ones we are experiencing here. In my very own Portuguese it is called "deixa andar" that literally means let us to let it go... Problem is go... Going... Gone, if I'm being clear! This is how generally things unfortunately work here! With the wonderful ships they have plus the magnificent YC, MSC has all what is needed to become a world wide leader in the cruising industry. Unfortunately it seems clear for me that they just want to "let it go"... No more than that! But believe me: I like their product and with the right itinerary and price, probably inside of one of their nice small charters for their TA partners I will likely go with them again!

Have a nice day!... 🙂

On 11/30/2018 at 5:24 PM, sidari said:

Bea ... Pre curser to at least one new level possibly two!

It's almost a year ago (on Orchestra last Christmas) that I got a real impression from talking with someone that there was a new, higher tier in the offing.  A few weeks later, I was speaking with someone in the UK office and came away being even more convinced that it would be introduced this year - in fact, "after the launch of Seaview" was mentioned as the time frame.  Here we are at the end of  2018 and no new tier in sight.

I have 34,900 points, of which 24,900 are of absolutely no value to me.  The fact that points still accrue after reaching the Black Card requirement of 10000 is just a teaser from MSC that they may have value at some time in the future.

Edited by Beamafar

Dear all: Forgive me the somewhat off-topic but it was started alongside the thread... From Portugal where I live it is clear now that MSC is not that cheap baseline alternative that was an extremely wonderful value oriented cruise line any more!... Full cost of sailing considered depending on what itinerary and time of the year you want, it can even be the 2nd to the most expensive mainstream product just below RCI Quantum and Oasis class of ships!... Unless you're able to snag such a small group charter with a tour leader and possibly other personalised services offered from one of their local partners or you're able to snag some last minute or other promotions they might have from time to time.

So now: Would I sail them at the same price of, say an RCI Freedom class or an NCL ship perhaps with even more inclusiveness? No! And that is the point. They have certainly a nice product... But taking in account the price tag. Rising the price tag without rising the product itself? Not for me!...

Have a nice day!... 🙂

Edited by Nunagoras

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It's almost a year ago (on Orchestra last Christmas) that I got a real impression from talking with someone that there was a new, higher tier in the offing.  A few weeks later, I was speaking with someone in the UK office and came away being even more convinced that it would be introduced this year - in fact, "after the launch of Seaview" was mentioned as the time frame.  Here we are at the end of  2018 and no new tier in sight.

I have 34,900 points, of which 24,900 are of absolutely no value to me.  The fact that points still accrue after reaching the Black Card requirement of 10000 is just a teaser from MSC that they may have value at some time in the future.

The first of 4 Yacht club only luxury class ships isnt due until 2023. Unless they plan to convert any of the smaller older ships first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

The first of 4 Yacht club only luxury class ships isnt due until 2023. Unless they plan to convert any of the smaller older ships first.

I'm not too sure if you've misunderstood me - I was referring to a new, top tier in Voyagers Club.

• Like 1