Grab your Old Drink Packages Now

sidari

Has any one had any luck getting the old prices on the U.S site?

We are U.S citizens sailing the Med in February,

There was a package called All inclusive restaurant and bar. for $23 pp/pd  U.S.

That package is not even there now.

I was going to buy it 11-24 when our final payment is due,

Do you think MSC will still let me buy it? 

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Bases ... The Old packages are no longer online, you have to call MSC or your travel agent if you booked via one. If you booked before November 11th then there is no reason for them to refuse you.

I called the US  site and she said that since I did not purchases a drink package yet I could not get a new one.

Guess what  MSC Won  

There has been one issue after another with this cruise,  From over charging my CC to refunding my cruise to canceling my cruise do to refunding it,  

It really has been a pain, and I'm tired of fighting with them. 

We are going to go and have a great cruise and pay for our drinks.

But I can tell you this,  Even if this is the best cruise out of my 35, I will not cruise MSC again.  There are too many choices with a lot less Hassell,.

Nuff said

Bases 5 .... 

++++++BREAKING NEWS++++++++

Hi all I've had some fabulous news from MSC UK senior management just now regarding the drinks package changes.

From tomorrow, if you booked your cruise prior to 11th November 2018 and hadn't booked a drinks package, MSC will allow you to book the 'old' packages such as classic, books of vouchers, all inclusive restaurants and bars. The packages available will be the ones that were available at the time when you booked for your applicable sailing date and region.

You'll be able to do this until December 5th. If you do not do this by December 5th then if you would like a drinks package your options will be in line with the new products Easy, Premium and Premium Plus.

If you booked after 12th November then the drinks packages available to you will be the new choices; you will not be able to book any of the old ones.

You'll be able to add the packages through the usual channels, such as your travel agent and MSC.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:47 AM, FGJones said:

I don't think this any of this is available to US customers.

No more 18 more for less vouchers, they were done away with last November.  However if you booked fantastica before August you will still get your 12 vouchers after March 25th.

8 minutes ago, sidari said:

Bases 5 .... 

Hi all I've had some fabulous news from MSC UK senior management just now regarding the drinks package changes.

From tomorrow, if you booked your cruise prior to 11th November 2018 and hadn't booked a drinks package, MSC will allow you to book the 'old' packages such as classic, books of vouchers, all inclusive restaurants and bars. The packages available will be the ones that were available at the time when you booked for your applicable sailing date and region.

You'll be able to do this until December 5th. If you do not do this by December 5th then if you would like a drinks package your options will be in line with the new products Easy, Premium and Premium Plus.

If you booked after 12th November then the drinks packages available to you will be the new choices; you will not be able to book any of the old ones.

You'll be able to add the packages through the usual channels, such as your travel agent and MSC.

I guess I will try again tomorrow

41 minutes ago, ssmea03 said:

No more 18 more for less vouchers, they were done away with last November.  However if you booked fantastica before August you will still get your 12 vouchers after March 25th.

We booked in September and it was clear on the website that we would not get the vouchers. I did call to ask what that promotion was being replaced with and was told nothing.  I also called to ask about getting the old packages now and was told that they can upgrade people from Drinks on Us but not add the old packages if there was no package on the reservation. 

2 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Has any one had any luck getting the old prices on the U.S site?

I called my PCV today and tried.  She could currently only get me the new packages and said MSC US might not be willing to give a grace period to purchase the old packages.  She also informed me my two Aurea bookings made way before November 12 were now showing as Easy package.  That didn't go over well, and I'm supposed to get a call from the manager on Monday.

11 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Spoke to another girl today, a 'homeworker'. The notes had been saved on the system so I booked it! Sorted! Gelato remains alive 7 well lol. She could not explain the price, merely that it was £385 + £385 + £165 = £935 total & payable with the balance. Waiting for an email confirmation.

She then spoke in detail of how MSC knew they had to bring their drink package prices up in line with the rest of the industry, she quoted RCI as an example. That the MD was aware of the situation & perception of the old packages as being 'too cheap'. Equally that they had listened to the early cries & feedback following the new packages being launched & acted with the 'amnesty' currently in place until 5/12/2018. She stressed that their directive was that following this date only the new packages would be offered & without exception.

It would seem from the chat that they are all to familiar with CC conversations & opinions as a business, to this I responded by saying that as a business in the twentieth century they need to be as understanding your customers is critical.

I then left her to her day & possibly thinking "I hope they are not all that chatty & nosey today" lol

Still no email!!!!!!  

That both terms and conditions and pricing were clearly outdated from the market realities of the day that is obvious and whom am I to contest!... Times evolve, as evolve cruising and all cruise relating subjects!... So now, implementation is another different subject! With all this mess MSC will be stuck with an amazing amount of some far more than 10 all inclusive drinks packages globally for quite a while working at same time round the world available for far different parts of their costumers, assuming they won't to create even more soon!... Is hat humanly manageable on a 15 ships structure globally without incurring on several operational and reputational risks alike? No!...

Fortunately I have no cruises booked with them. Otherwise, and unless they were from their small European partner charters; that are indeed unelectable for AI drinks packages; I would definitely cancel my booking and spend the money elsewhere! Given that we have so few time for holidays, I've no patience to so many and so hard inconsistency and so poor post selling customer management from corporate!

Have a nice day!

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

Ate ... I read a few days ago that someone had upgraded their package in the US, if you have Aurea booked already you should be getting the Classic package.

I have had a confirmation from our TA today that MSC will honour the original Aurea Classic package for our Grand Voyage from Durban to Venice in April 2019. Fingers CROSSED! 

Edited by free from work
Errors

32 minutes ago, free from work said:

I have had a confirmation from our TA today that MSC will honour the original Aurea Classic package for our Grand Voyage from Durban to Venice in April 2019. Fingers CROSSED! 

Hopefully by email....if not, I would insist on that and you need to take a copy with you on the cruise. Sounds a fab cruise!

8 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Absolutely ….I'm grateful to this thread, yourself & Sidari for getting my attention to it.

I was always going to get the drinks package. 100% PP & try to forget about crepes, gelato & milkshakes (I was still hoping that Venchi items would be included!). But now the deluxe package that I've only just sailed with on Fantasia will include the gelato & milkshakes, mini bar, room service & is a LOT less in price so I'm happy!

I have been reading your posts over the past couple of weeks and recall your initial disappointment, but also your philosophical attitude in that you had 'missed the upgrade boat'. You sound like a really decent guy, so I am delighted this has worked out for you....well done!

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Hopefully by email....if not, I would insist on that and you need to take a copy with you on the cruise. Sounds a fab cruise!

Yes I have a copy of the email and a copy of the Classic package previously posted on CC. I am trying to upgrade to Deluxe as MSC seem to run out of the basics, tonic etc, on the longer cruises. 

55 minutes ago, free from work said:

As per my own experience MSC is generally excellent on honouring what they write to the passengers both personally or on global statements on the site or elsewhere. I'm absolutely sure of that by my own experience. That is not the problem here. Poor global introduction of a whole new product is... Another subject. Have a nice day and nice sailings!... 🙂

Just now, Nunagoras said:

As per my own experience MSC is generally excellent on honouring what they write to the passengers both personally or on global statements on the site or elsewhere. I'm absolutely sure of that by my own experience. That is not the problem here. Poor global introduction of a whole new product is... Another subject. Have a nice day and nice sailings!... 🙂

I'm happy with the final position of MSC. Original rollout of the changes was poor but they seem to have caught up with customer opinions. The change is no real surprise as they have been way behind other lines on drinks package prices. As long as I get what I bought I will be happy. 

Future bookings are for another day! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Nuna ... MSC have outdone themselves once again over this, no communication with anyone regarding the changes, added to websites in the hope that no one would notice. Only because of complaints and there have been many and possibly their reading of these boards have they altered course slightly in offering the December 5th Cut off date for the UK and I believe the 6th for the USA, although it would seem that US customers are having a bumpy ride with getting their changes accepted and appear to only be allowing upgrades from D.o.U packages and not allowing those already booked with no package to actually book or allowing upgrades from Classic to Deluxe unlike those in the UK.

• Like 2

ssmea ... Hope this might help, post from facebook 2 minutes ago, 2.35pm UK time. .... Sylvie Goupil I upgraded from the drink on us to the all inclusive classic at the old price of 18$ per person .  $18 pp/day to Classic, $26 pp/day for Deluxe

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, hamrag said:

I have been reading your posts over the past couple of weeks and recall your initial disappointment, but also your philosophical attitude in that you had 'missed the upgrade boat'. You sound like a really decent guy, so I am delighted this has worked out for you....well done!

That's a nice thing to say ….Thank you.

All most post's on this subject across all the threads summarise as....

I always have a drinks package.

Usually the higher value ones.

I was not particularly surprised MSC have increased the packages costs

Though it could/should have been handled much better.

I never purchase the drinks package until very close to sailing.

For that reason I had no right to complain about the changes (regret maybe!).

I would have purchased Premium Plus on this next sailing & just bemoaned the gelato.

But thanks to others postings I can now have what I usually have, at a good price.

Plus gelato fever lives on!

I hope everyone gets what that want before the 5th December & MSC come out of this still the business I know they are.

Happy Cruising & of course hamrag….I SO AM!!! lol

3rd call to USA customer service and they all have said since I don’t have a drink package I don’t get the old price. 

They said I can’t upgrade due to the fact I have nothing to upgrade against.

You know, I get it.  The price went up before we bought it, so in reality they owe me nothing.

i just got my hopes reading cc:

But they did do a bad job implementing it.  

11 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

3rd call to USA customer service and they all have said since I don’t have a drink package I don’t get the old price. 

They said I can’t upgrade due to the fact I have nothing to upgrade against.

You know, I get it.  The price went up before we bought it, so in reality they owe me nothing.

i just got my hopes reading cc:

But they did do a bad job implementing it.  

You don't even have the drinks on us promotion package? Up until now it hasn't been a problem to upgrade a promotional package but now it is apparently. 

Bases ... Maybe you could try using this as bait ? it clearly says for UK that having a cruise booked allows you to book a drink package! so why not US cruisers? 

From tomorrow, if you booked your cruise prior to 11th November 2018 and hadn't booked a drinks package, MSC will allow you to book the 'old' packages such as classic, books of vouchers, all inclusive restaurants and bars.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ssmea03 said:

You don't even have the drinks on us promotion package? Up until now it hasn't been a problem to upgrade a promotional package but now it is apparently. 

No I sure don’t. I booked this before there was a DOU package. The had a restaurant and bar at $230 for 10 day cruise. 

We were going to buy that with final payment today.  But no such luck. 

We still have the 12 drink vouchers pp so that will help some