Best price guarantee?

Mackdogmolly

On 4/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, smartinwate said:

Perhaps I'm a bit stupid, but I'm lost here.

When I attempted to research the Best Price Guarantee to see if it would apply to this, I find that apparently every mention of the BPG has been scrubbed from the Azamara web site. Even the link Bonnie provided above redirects somewhere else.

Under the advertised terms of the BPG, it seems to be that we should be entitled to the $500 onboard credit. But given that the BPG seems to have disappeared from the Azamara universe, I'm not so sure.

When I view the azamaraclubcruises.com website, the Best Price Guarantee is still advertised prominently, with a big blue badge next to the Pricing and Offers section:

"When you request our Best Price Guarantee, we simply adjust your cruise fare if prices change or new promotions become available."

Of course, things may be different in other geographies.

Azamara Best Price.png

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Only applies to the American market as far as I’m aware.

Au contraire. In the past, I have invoked the Best Price Guarantee, and I'm not in the American market.

For our upcoming cruise next month, the price has gone up since we booked so I had no need to pursue it.  However, even though the BPG is still prominently featured all over the azamaraclubcruises.com website, they seem to have made the details page with the fine print disappear.

The whole thing is odious, charging people different rates on different terms based on where they live.

I know lots of cruise lines, airlines, and other industries do it; doesn't make it right.

Somehow this carries on unchecked even though if there was discriminatory pricing based on, say, skin colour, people would lose their minds.

1 hour ago, screen-gem said:

Au contraire. In the past, I have invoked the Best Price Guarantee, and I'm not in the American market.

For our upcoming cruise next month, the price has gone up since we booked so I had no need to pursue it.  However, even though the BPG is still prominently featured all over the azamaraclubcruises.com website, they seem to have made the details page with the fine print disappear.

According to the T&C:

'Azamara Club Cruises’ Best Price Guarantee (the "Guarantee") is available for United States & Canada consumers'

1 hour ago, screen-gem said:

Sorry I should have said north american market, without any capital letters!

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry I should have said north american market, without any capital letters! 

Not to worry --  we get that all the time.  Not unlike Britons being lumped in with Europeans (not that that would ever happen:-)