Odyssey Questions

Janey

The launderette is self-service and to my knowledge, available 24/7.  It’s a small room off a corridor and I do not believe it gets locked up.

Flowers can be ordered while onboard although if you have very specific requests, it may be good to speak with the head housekeeper after you board to ensure she can procure what you need.

You can speak to someone in the Square to order flowers once on-board.  We have done that to send a bouquet of flowers to others we have met on-board. They will work with the local vendors to procure as close as possible to your requests but what is available will obviously be dependent on the ports you will visit.

Launderette was open 24/7. I am an early riser, 6am. I had the timing down to an art, either read in empty lounge next door or went back to cabin and returned 5 minutes prior to load stopping. I did wash at least every other day and I never saw a soul. It did get busier in normal daylight hours. Each room had ironing boards and I did iron occasionally and always had access.

The new washers/dryers are great but the timer on the washers are misleading and we found the washer to run 20 mins. longer than expected.  Timing is everything and Travelwell has the best solution.  Early morning is your best chance to bag a washer.  The worst time is midway through a 14 day cruise (days 6 - 8) and at the end of the cruise (1-3 days before disbarkation).

We're platinum and get the option of 1 bag of laundry per week each.  While that doesn't sound like much it really is.  So much so we can pack and bring 1 less suitcase.

My issue with doing laundry on board is that most of my clothing (knit tops, blouses, pants, denim jeans when I wear them) does not go in the dryer.  Then, I have to let them  drip dry and then iron them.  I am leaning toward the dry clean method (or whatever they are calling it now) as the other would be a long process I want to avoid while on vacation.  Has anyone used the dry cleaning type method through the laundry service?  I am determined to pack light this time.  We just don't want more than one suitcase  each (along with a carry on tote bag).