Carnival Pride Late Departure on 11-25-18

MSseawind

My brother just received a text that we should plan to arrive at the port 4 hours later than our check-in time tomorrow, the text reads:

"Carnival Pride: 11/25/18:  Due to an issue affecting the maximum cruising speed and adverse weather conditions, the ship will arrive in Baltimore at 1:30 pm tomorrow.  Please delay your Arrival Appointment by four hours.  A lunch credit of $15 will be posted to your Sail & Sign account.  All guests must be on board the ship by 7:30 pm.  Thank you for your understanding."

I haven't received the text or an email, but my brother is on the same cruise and said he signed up for mobile alerts (which I didn't know was an option).

I am guessing there is an issue with the ice or fog.  We sailed on the Pride in January, and our embarkation was pushed back too.  We did sign up for the text alerts, but never received them.  I am sure you'll have fun even if you get started a bit later than expected!

Hi

I would say that late debarkation/embarkation/departure is very often the norm in Baltimore. My last cruise from Baltimore was delayed both getting on the ship (4hr.) and debarkation (3hr.). Both times high winds kept our ship as well as others waiting in the bay for the winds to calm before the pilots would allow docking. 

To OP, I just saw this on Facebook:

John Heald

important news for my readers cruising on the Carnival Pride tomorrow

November 24, 2018

Dear Carnival Pride Guest,

Due to an issue affecting our maximum cruising speed and adverse weather conditions, Carnival Pride is expected to arrive into Baltimore tomorrow afternoon. Once the ship arrives, we will need to disembark guests before we can proceed with your embarkation.

Please delay your Arrival Appointment by four hours, e.g.12:30 PM - 1:00 PM appointment will become 4:30PM - 5:00 PM. Guests who arrive prior to their new time will be asked to return at their assigned time. In preparation for departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 7:30 PM.

A 15.00 USD, per person credit will be posted to your onboard Sail & Sign® account to cover lunch expenses for tomorrow. Our plan is to operate our scheduled itinerary.

If you haven't done so already, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to 278473 (CRUISE), to receive any additional updates we may provide.

Cheers and thank you for your understanding

Edited by CoolOne56

Anyone onboard know what the "issue affecting our maximum cruising speed" is? 

I'm on the following sailing (12/2) and wondering if this is going to be an ongoing issue.  Wouldn't be the first time Carnival has deferred repairs, to the the detriment of current passengers, until the next scheduled drydock (2019 in this case).

On board now.....only had 1 engine entire trip. They cut out 2 ports (princess cay &  Nassau)   we only went to Freeport (7 am to 6 pm] on Thursday.  All other days were sea days.  Not sure if the next itinerary will also be changed,  but we're still on 1 engine coming up bay in VA as I type 

we were on the Journeys cruise nov 4-18th in an aft cabin (above engines).  Not sure if related but the vibrations in the aft on the last 2 nights was very noticeable.

On the repair/drydock issue there were many items around the ship that appeared to be "waiting for drydock."  Rust was everywhere, windows were thick with dirt/grime, chunks of ornamental trim around elevator doors missing, steamroom out of order the entire cruise, sauna out of order for several days, gym equipment that didnt work back in September 2017 was STILL not working (either that or the exact same equipment broke on both of my most recent Pride cruises.. Steamroom was also out of order on our Sept 2017 cruise.)

We sailed the Pride just before a drydock once before and most agreed that things were being left un-repaired until drydock.

1 hour ago, MSseawind said:

Just got another text, they are now saying to be at the port between 5:30 and 8:30, everyone on board by 9 pm.

Please keep us updated on the mechanical issue and whether they change the itinerary again this cruise.

I'm not taking 5 days off work for a 7 day cruise that goes only to Freeport and then gets back too late to get back home for work on Monday. If Carnival isn't forthright about a known mechanical issue in advance of the next sailing, I may be exercising the Great Vacation Guarantee once we leave Baltimore.

This ship has had issues for quite some time.  I sailed on it in Oct '17' in a 4th deck vista suite and it was next to impossible to get a sound sleep while the ship was moving.  Sailed the Pride again last July in a forward balcony and had turpentine-like fumes coming in through the vents one day (they blamed that on cleaning the pools.  Went to lido and people were still swimming in them).  Followed by a burst pipe at 3a.m.  that saturated 50% of our carpet.  Then a leaky faucet to the cleaning line out on out balcony that took 4 hours to service.  

This ship is in DIRE NEED of a 2-3 month overhaul and has been for a long time.  The staff has been conditioned to act "surprised" when they receive any complaints.  They know they have an advantage with sailing from the northeast because of people who don't want to fly to Florida. I've cancelled 2 future Carnival cruises because of this and I have 18 previous Carnival sailings under my belt.  And I don't plan on sailing them again.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Please keep us updated on the mechanical issue and whether they change the itinerary again this cruise.

I'm not taking 5 days off work for a 7 day cruise that goes only to Freeport and then gets back too late to get back home for work on Monday. If Carnival isn't forthright about a known mechanical issue in advance of the next sailing, I may be exercising the Great Vacation Guarantee once we leave Baltimore.

Did you?

31 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

This ship has had issues for quite some time.  I sailed on it in Oct '17' in a 4th deck vista suite and it was next to impossible to get a sound sleep while the ship was moving.  Sailed the Pride again last July in a forward balcony and had turpentine-like fumes coming in through the vents one day (they blamed that on cleaning the pools.  Went to lido and people were still swimming in them).  Followed by a burst pipe at 3a.m.  that saturated 50% of our carpet.  Then a leaky faucet to the cleaning line out on out balcony that took 4 hours to service.  

This ship is in DIRE NEED of a 2-3 month overhaul and has been for a long time.  The staff has been conditioned to act "surprised" when they receive any complaints.  They know they have an advantage with sailing from the northeast because of people who don't want to fly to Florida. I've cancelled 2 future Carnival cruises because of this and I have 18 previous Carnival sailings under my belt.  And I don't plan on sailing them again.

Good.  You'll be happier that way.

We finally left about 11:00 on on sunday, but made up the time and arrived at princess cay on schedule.   However they brought the tenders over and they were being tossed around so much they decided it was unsafe to disembark us and skipped the port.  (Which made perfect sense if you saw them being tossed back and forth as they went back to the island). We got to Nassau Wednesday evening instead of Thursday morning, so we had extra time here.   The problem with t he engine seems to have been rectified.  Having a great cruise!

• Like 4