Symphony Escape Room

cindivan

I think I remember reading this somewhere but can’t find it so apologize if this has been answered. 

We will be in the Symphony in December and some of our group wants to do the escape room. Can anyone who has cruised since she has been in Miami answer the following?  (Or maybe it hasn’t changed since Miami?)

- I can’t see on cruise planner where to book. Am I missing something or do we need to do it once onboard?  If so, where and when?

- cost?  I think I read $20pp?

- max participants?  We have 17 traveling but we don’t all need to do it. But it would be great to know the number before so we can be prepared. 

thanks!

Edited by cindivan

We sail March 2019 on Symphony and I show Escape the Rubicon in our Cruise Planner under Entertainment/Activities. It looks like you can add to your cart.  I think this just popped in a week or so...around the same time as the show schedules.

Aaah!!  I see it has now been added to our cruise planner. But it won’t let me book more than one person. That won’t work. 

I guess I will keep checking or figure it out when we board. 

Thanks 

Edited by cindivan

We just got off the Nov. 17 sailing.   We had prebooked the escape room when it showed up in the cruise planner about a month before sailing.  However, once on board  we had a conflict  when the ice show we had scheduled  was cancelled due to technical problems ( apparently that  happens  on this ship a bit- Flight also was stopped during performance due to technical issues but did resume).    The Symphony does not make rescheduling or scheduling events easy when on board.  They set up mini kiosks at various times- and times may differ between the compass  and the app.  I  rescheduled with the gentleman handing entertainment, I thought, but when I went to guest services to check the next day,  it has not been rescheduled.    

Guest services managed to reschedule the reservation.  In the end, we cancelled as I felt it  would be too claustrophobic for me, but I was told they take 10 people.

My suggestion is to go  to guest services when you get on board .   They overall were pretty good at handling issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Did it last week on Symphony. Max was 10 in a group. We escaped with 1 minute 40 to go :classic_biggrin:

Was very difficult but really enjoyable. Thought we weren't going to get out!

Congrats!  How long does the whole thing take?

We did this on our Thanksgiving week cruise. It was sooo much fun!  You have to all work together and listen to what each one comes up. Work as a group!  We finished with 5 min and 4 sec's left!!  It is not easy to do. Not sure if the younger ones would be able to solve as some clues are complicated.  I booked ours through the activity section on the cruise planner.  Got to pick the day and time which made it easy to plan for.  Did ours on a sea day.  Have fun!!  PS... not a geek either! LOL.

3 hours ago, Mhl76 said:

Are they strick on the age of participants? I have an 11yr old and 9yr old who love going to these rooms. Thanks!

Yes. You can’t book the escape room for participants under 14. I know bc my daughter is 12 and I can’t book her to do the room with us.