Booking now vs. on board

NovCruisin

I am looking to book a cruise for next year (summer 2019); I have found usually that the earlier you book, the better deal you get but in this case I am cruising in January 2019 so I wonder if I should just wait and can get a better deal if I book a future cruise on board. What say you CC experts? ;) 

12 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

There is no future cruise desk on board any longer.

Wow! I am glad you let me know; thanks so much!

How do past cruisers get better deals then? Just logged in on the website so they can add your VIFP number?

Can't speak for anyone else but we have a great PVP who takes care of us.

The future cruise desk was not a Carnival employee and they opted to discontinue the service.

We just got off the Breeze Journeys cruise -14 days and there was never any mention of booking future cruises while on this cruise, nothing in the Fun Times, nothing anywhere on the ship either.

Supposedly the two weeks after you get back from a cruise you get a special deal. I cant find one lol. the wording is something like 20% off of fun rates and ES, idk, but i have often tried to book it and dont see any special deals during the 2 week supposed special they do now instead of the book onboard thing.

Says welcome home XXXX, book now and get a exclusive offer, including up to 20% off fun rates, with Early Saver plus so much more. ... i guess if you wanted to book fun rates it might be a deal?

You have 2 weeks after you get home to take advantage of this super duper deal.

Screenshot_2018-11-25-11-48-33.png

22 hours ago, NovCruisin said:

I am looking to book a cruise for next year (summer 2019); I have found usually that the earlier you book, the better deal you get but in this case I am cruising in January 2019 so I wonder if I should just wait and can get a better deal if I book a future cruise on board. What say you CC experts? 😉

Many have been lucky enough to find a great PVP through the lines, hasn't worked for me.  I shop rates everywhere and then usually ask for that rate through the cruiseline.  If they don't offer any OBC, I ask for it.  I have always gotten it.  Not a bunch but I'm grateful for what I can get. 

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Supposedly the two weeks after you get back from a cruise you get a special deal. I cant find one lol. the wording is something like 20% off of fun rates and ES, idk, but i have often tried to book it and dont see any special deals during the 2 week supposed special they do now instead of the book onboard thing.

Says welcome home XXXX, book now and get a exclusive offer, including up to 20% off fun rates, with Early Saver plus so much more. ... i guess if you wanted to book fun rates it might be a deal?

You have 2 weeks after you get home to take advantage of this super duper deal.

Screenshot_2018-11-25-11-48-33.png

With today's Cyber Monday "deal" from Carnival, you basically get the same as above, but maybe with slightly better deposits (starting at $50 pp, rather than "half-off") - I know for some folks smaller deposits make no matter, since final cost is the same.  Which is why I'm not sure whether we want to book something "now" (just for the ease of immediate cashflow due to tiny deposit amounts) or wait until we return from our next cruise in a couple weeks...

lol im with the poster who said they missed the future cruise certs we used to be able to get onboard worth $100 obc.

same price but a reduced deposit isnt a sale to me. I have the money to pay for the cruise. I want a discount or obc. $50 obc you can find other times too, and right now i cant find a price i like. If i pay $200 more for a cruise to get that $50 within 2 weeks from date im home, ... not much of a deal.  

kinda almost false advertising to act like its a sale for fun saver to book ES and save lol, like ES isnt available to others.