Explorer Lisbon to Cape Town Nov 28 until dragged kicking & screaming off

1982CruzStart

On 1/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, candrey said:

Thanks for all this information. Just read it through as though reading a travel book ! I only just came across the thread as I am researching for the 2020 version of the Lisbon to Capetown Cruise on Voyager on which we have booked. As an Australian, I am interested in how Catpow in particular organised their visas. My research indicates we will need visas for Ghana, Ivory Coast & Sao Tome and can get Cape Verde & Togo on arrival. I am also interested in the yellow Fever requirements - Regent haven't mentioned that to us yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Candrey, we live in the same city too.   Perhaps we could meet for a coffee and a chat.  It was a bit of a nightmare at first and I did a summary for ourselves I'm happy to share.  Email jampac@livedotcomdotau

Candy

On 1/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Anna201213 said:

I plan an air deviation from Montreal to Lisbon with Air Canada operating by Swiss  Air. They have a stop in Zurich of 5 hours or Geneva a stop of 2h15 before going to Lisbon.

Which airport would you choose ?

Don't count on getting an option at which airport you get to fly into. We are using AC from YVR to YYZ, then Swiss Air to ZUR and onto BCN. We had no choice in going to anywhere but ZUR.  Before taking this route i discussed other options with Regent Air. They were pushing LH tru FRA and i said i had no interest in setting foot in FRA airport after our trip in November. I asked if we could go through MUC, she said no the only contracted routing was through FRA. We opted for the extra stop rather than go through FRA or LHR. Nothing really against BA or LHR but prefer to fly AC. It is very rare that they allow us to fly from the west coast to YYZ or YUL but this time they did. I jumped on it. We really like flying AC and am looking forward to flying Swiss Air after reading comments on CC. 

As a side note they were very persistent in trying to get us to go LH or BA. After talking to a very nice and helpful Regent Air agent for quite awhile and saying we preferred the extra stop to the other routing i received a phone call and email from our TA asking us to consider the 1 stop alternatives. I said thank you, i knew about them and chose the 2 stops on purpose. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I will ask for Montreal-Zurich-Lisbon

Following your information I undestand that Regent had a contract with Swiss Air and Air Canada. My first choise will be Swiss Air. My second is Air Canada same route. I do no want an air deviation with BA in London  even with Lufthansa in Francfort

MY TA will phone Regent on February 26 for an air deviation for our cruise on Nov 2019 Lisbon to Miami. 

• 4 weeks later...