USA Today first look Edge photos...

StillLooking4Adventure

What worries me is the plan to “Revolutionise” all of the Celebrity ships so that they will all look like Edge and her sisters.  Surely a lot of this stuff may already be ordered/produced before the feedback from real passengers sailing on Edge is received.  If the chairs are as uncomfortable as they look, or the balconies as tiny and claustrophobic as they appear to be, or if a Martini Bar that seats 12 at the bar is not big enough, then it would be nice to know before everything is repeated on all the ships.

• Like 1

Have just watched a series of Travel Agent videos of the Edge on YouTube.  I think it looks lovely, apart from the balconies.  The infinite balconies do not seem like balconies at all - its like sitting in front of an open window.  Whilst they probably looked good on paper and are very innovative, I don't think guests will like them.  Even the Suite Balconies were disappointing with some having a mix of an infinite balcony and a small normal one.  Apart from the Iconic Suite, I don't think any of the balconies had a Table and Chairs outside for breakfast etc.  It will be interesting to read the reviews from the first few sailings!

3 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I hear you, but comfort can be subjective, and one must take their own individual preferences into account.  Such as looking at a hotel, both reviews and pictures can be helpful.  If the furnishings are uncomfortable, could be taken as a negative, but could also be Celebrity's clever way of eliminating chair hogs.

Royal Caribbean International has made recent mistakes not preparing for the Chinese market, Dynamic Dining rollout and flop, and generally negative reviews for their Quantum Class.  The possibility of a foolhardy mistake crossing over into Celebrity, is apparent.

These designs don't appeal to me at all, other areas of the ship do.  Generally it looks hipster-light, such as hotel chains like The W and Aloft.  We'll see if this gets millennials cruising, and if this is even what they've been looking for.

BTW, I like the horse statue,  but it shouldn't be in the walkway.  They'll move it after someone climbs on it and falls backwards over the edge.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.38.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.43.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.41.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.39.18 PM.png

The angles on the backs of some of the chairs at a few dining venues look more appropriate for sitting back and relaxing in a lounge with a drink than sitting in a more upright position at a table in a dining room. 

JMHO

bosco

7 hours ago, lisiamc said:

What worries me is the plan to “Revolutionise” all of the Celebrity ships so that they will all look like Edge and her sisters.  Surely a lot of this stuff may already be ordered/produced before the feedback from real passengers sailing on Edge is received.  If the chairs are as uncomfortable as they look, or the balconies as tiny and claustrophobic as they appear to be, or if a Martini Bar that seats 12 at the bar is not big enough, then it would be nice to know before everything is repeated on all the ships.

When Dynamic Dining was introduced on RCCL, it was declared the future of the cruising industry.  It launched with long lines, lengthy reservation processes, short frustrated staff, and cold medocre food.   They tried to reorganize it with revolving wait staff, overlapping food, until it was scrapped.  Plans to remodel Oasis and Anthem of the Seas, had to be tossed.

We'll get to see the Eclipse before and after it is "revolutionized".  Best case scenario, they'll just add some new features and amenities.  I seriously doubt they'll change the balconies on older ships, too costly and they're not designed for them.