Formal Night

Richard/Traci

Usually, they try to select formal nights on cruises when the ship is at sea for the full day. This makes it easier for passenger's to dress for the evenings formal night without having to worry about getting back to the ship earlier than normal from the ports.

Typically, it is the second day out (eg,. the day after you board) and the second from last night. But, this will vary from cruise line and from voyage to voyage.

If you booked though a TA see if they can find out the particularls for your particular cruise and if you didn't use a TA see if you can contact the cruise line directly.

Keith

If you post this question on the board for your cruise line you should get a quick response. I suggest you put something like "Formal nites on Serenade" in the subject line. People are soooooo helpful on these boards.

Keith--that is far from true for my cruise on the Liberty next month.

Formal nights are Monday--while in Freeport til 3

and on Thursday-- We are headed to costa maya til6

Thursday we were supposed to be inCozumel til 10pm. (cant imagine many people for a formal night when in a port so late.

Serene, this is why I said to check with the cruise line as this will vary by cruise line and itinerary. All I said is that typically the formal nights are at sea days and on the second day of the cruise and two days before, but as I said it will vary by cruise line and itinerary.

Keith

If you post this question on the board for your cruise line you should get a quick response. I suggest you put something like "Formal nites on Serenade" in the subject line. People are soooooo helpful on these boards.

Sheffie,

I,m booked on the Serenade April 1st ,the week before you so what night is your formal?

Like everyone else has said, there are TWO formal nights on a 7 night cruise and on your's it will be the night you leave St. Thomas and the night you're in Barbados. Since you only have one sea day, your formal nights have to be on port nights.

Archived