Specialty Dining options and Sanctuary questions

deultgen

Hi, we are occasional Princess cruisers looking at the Jan 26 2019 Mexican Riviera on Ruby.

1.  Specialty Restaurants - Are their any "deals" regularly offered on specialty dining?  Are there dining "packages" ??   I swear I have searched the website, but can not find anything.  

2.  The Sanctuary - Again, I have looked at the website, but can't find much when it comes to price?  or any kind of package deal?  What if you purchase 2 days or 3 days worth?  

Any advice would be appreciated

18 minutes ago, deultgen said:

Hi, we are occasional Princess cruisers looking at the Jan 26 2019 Mexican Riviera on Ruby.

1.  Specialty Restaurants - Are their any "deals" regularly offered on specialty dining?  Are there dining "packages" ??   I swear I have searched the website, but can not find anything.  

2.  The Sanctuary - Again, I have looked at the website, but can't find much when it comes to price?  or any kind of package deal?  What if you purchase 2 days or 3 days worth?  

No on #1.

Don't know on #2.

I've never seen any specialty dining packages on Princess other than the first night free for those in full suites and, in the past, some promos that included one night of specialty dining free.

The Sanctuary can be booked on a full cruise basis ($30 per day) or on a half day basis ($20).  On special scenic cruising days (for example, Glacier Bay, Panama Canal, etc.) they offer a single full day package (in the $60 -$75 range) since the location of the Sanctuary is great for scenic cruising.  See https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/The-Sanctuary-An-Ocean-of-Calm-on-Princess-Ships.html

41 minutes ago, deultgen said:

No dining packages that I have ever seen. The only 'special' I have seen was in a coupon book in our cabin. It was buy one get one specialty dinner on boarding day only. You may or may not have a coupon book in your cabin when you board.

$20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you purchase for all days of the cruise, both sea and port days. If interested go to the sanctuary immediately upon boarding. In tropical weather it fills fast. 

See above

7 hours ago, deultgen said:

No 'package' on the specialty dining.  The best you can hope for is some sort of a discount on the first night and sometimes the final night of a sailing.  I will say on the 10 day southern Caribbean we're just finishing up on Crown Princess, the Crown Grill was not all that popular, maybe being 1/2 full on a good night.   

We booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise.  You can book by the 1/2 day, full day or you get a discount for booking the entire cruise.  $30/day per person if you book the entire cruise.   $40/day per person if you book individual days.   $20/ 1/2 day per person.   If you want to book the Sanctuary you must go directly up there as soon as you board to reserve your loungers.  In addition to the most comfortable loungers on the entire ship, you get access to the attendants who bring you water, will move your loungers around if necessary to get into more shade and they serve a full afternoon tea at 3pm.   We really enjoyed it, especially being able to go right down below to the Spa pool to cool off.  The staff is awesome up there too.

3 hours ago, deultgen said:

Thanks for the helpful information.  We booked the cruise today.  

Have a great cruise, Deultgen.

Coincidentally, the XBGuys are leaving this Saturday on the Ruby Princess on the same itinerary.