Extra charge on my credit card - who to contact

jonj

I have an additional charge on my credit and have no idea what it is for. The amount is $23.76. This amount is not on my room account invoice I received by email and in printed form before getting off the ship. I don't see any information on the email or printed copy on who to contact if there is an error. I have tried calling Royal the last two days but the wait times have been really long and have had to get off before they picked up.

Is there an email or a direct number I should be trying?

Thank you

I had an issue with some weird charges on my account when I came home so I tweeted them and it was a pretty effective way to get someone to help. The issue resolved itself on it's own in the end but I had someone helping me within like 15 minutes of sending the tweet.

8 minutes ago, jonj said:

I have an additional charge on my credit and have no idea what it is for. The amount is $23.76. This amount is not on my room account invoice I received by email and in printed form before getting off the ship. I don't see any information on the email or printed copy on who to contact if there is an error. I have tried calling Royal the last two days but the wait times have been really long and have had to get off before they picked up.

Is there an email or a direct number I should be trying?

Thank you

Try 800-256-6649. This number is on their website for post cruise questions.

We also had two additional charges on our credit card aside from the one final charge of the entire balance.  We disembarked on 11/22/18.  Both charges were only in pending status and not posted, and one has dropped off so far.  I expect the other one to drop off within a couple days.  Just a thought, it might get resolved on its own if the charges are only pending and not posted.

We always have a few random charges on our card that sit out in “pending”, drop off in a few days and never actually get charged.

I think it’s where they are making sure the card is valid daily throughout the cruise.

I have never had a problem with the charges not disappearing after a few days back home.

This used to be a continuous and extremely annoying problem before RCI finally got rid of the mini bar "honor" snacks, and then finally those bottles of water...which were worse.  Have had mysterious charges happen well after leaving the ship with last morning's correct invoice.  These charges showed up a day later.  Each time I had to call customer service and have them remove the charge.  

I am very happy they finally got wise to that problem.  A simple call to RCI customer service should correct the problem for you as well.  

59 minutes ago, maysill88 said:

We also had two additional charges on our credit card aside from the one final charge of the entire balance.  We disembarked on 11/22/18.  Both charges were only in pending status and not posted, and one has dropped off so far.  I expect the other one to drop off within a couple days.  Just a thought, it might get resolved on its own if the charges are only pending and not posted.

Agree, very common have "Pending" charges fall off few days after a cruise. Happen's to me almost every cruise