TA gave me soda package, Can I upgrade this to other drink packages ?

drdisney77

1 hour ago, drdisney77 said:

So I just booked a cruise a few days ago. As part of the promotion, it included 2 soda packages for the cabin. Is it possible to upgrade this to any other drink packages, or would I need to just purchase a separate package altogether ? 

The agencies I have booked through usually have a note that the perk/amenity received as a gift through them (TA) can be received in a form of board credit. Drink packages were never part of the amenities I have received. I would suggest that you call the travel agency and ask them if they can substitute the package with on-board credit. Then you can use those $ towards the package you want. The OBC (if they agree to it) will appear only once you are on board the ship, so you can use it only once on board. At that time any packages may cost more then a pre-cruise $ you would pay in cruise planner.

RCCL sent us a complimentary soft drink package for our March Oasis cruise.  I don't know why, as we had booked the cruise 4 months ago. (non of us drink sodas)  It does not seem to include bottled water, which we would drink.  Oh, well.  It also includes complimentary dinners at Giovanni's and Chops, but we cannot book a time until we get on board.  So I don't know if we can get times that we want, as we have 2 children with us and will not dine late at night.

3 minutes ago, teacherman said:

RCCL sent us a complimentary soft drink package for our March Oasis cruise.  I don't know why, as we had booked the cruise 4 months ago. (non of us drink sodas)  It does not seem to include bottled water, which we would drink.  Oh, well.  It also includes complimentary dinners at Giovanni's and Chops, but we cannot book a time until we get on board.  So I don't know if we can get times that we want, as we have 2 children with us and will not dine late at night.

Did you book a neighborhood balcony?

I also got an email from the travel agents telling me we now had a soda package along with other things.  It was a complete surprise.  We are in a grand suite.  It is definitely from TA not RC, since it appears under member benefits like the cash card does.  

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

^ I thought the soda package is a perk for booking CP balcony.

Soda package is a perk for a Boardwalk balcony.  Bottle of wine is a perk for a CP balcony.

But OP has a Central Park VIEW room (no balcony.... like a Promenade View window) which doesn't have any perks.

18 hours ago, teacherman said:

No.  We have one ocean view balcony and three inside central park view (not balconies).  I do not know if it came from RCCL or Cos - - o.

It's not upgradable. If you look at the confirmation email they sent you it's listed there and there is fine print right under it that's it's not upgradable.