What a mess the Celebrity web site is

StillLooking4Adventure

I got the latest offer for 50% off upgrades to beverage packages. I signed in to my account and no future cruise is showing up. I clicked from the email and it asked for the reservation number and such and I get "error message". I added my cruise reservation that had disappeared. After a few minutes it came back. I clicked on Manage Cruise. It disappeared again. 

I also had purchased on my October TA cruise a "Future Cruise" certificate which gave me extra perks, OBC and only $100 deposits on cruises from May 2020 - April 2021. I have to decide before December 31st. I am now finding out that apparently European cruises in Spring 2021 will not be available as an option. I have been trying to narrow down my choices during certain months. This has been difficult.

There no longer sees to be a "favorite" button to save cruises you are interested in.

The "share" option only allows you to "share" a cruise by twitter or Facebook" (I am making a joint decision with another couple and would like to send them a list of cruises we like) OF course there is no easy way to do this.

Between all the IT issues, the limited cruise choices and the huge price increases, I may just walk away from the $200 deposit and look at other Cruise company options.

Thanks C 

There's way too much flash and hooptie-do on that site.  They should just stick to providing information, like the airline sites (no names please).  The extra $25 charged by the airline sites is worth it for the flexibility and to not have to endure the Celebrity site!

• Like 1

Since the launch last year of X's new website I now only access is with an InPrivate or Incognito window on either Edge or Chrome. I have found that I usually don't get that error message. Every time I try doing anything the normal way I get the error message. It's not a guaranteed fix, but it's painless to try.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I got the latest offer for 50% off upgrades to beverage packages. I signed in to my account and no future cruise is showing up. I clicked from the email and it asked for the reservation number and such and I get "error message"...............

Between all the IT issues, the limited cruise choices and the huge price increases, I may just walk away from the $200 deposit and look at other Cruise company options.

Thanks C 

This is typical for the Celebrity website, which has been messed up for years.  Whenever they fix something, they manage to mess  up something else.

But for those of us who have been using the Celebrity website for years, we  usually can manage to find a work around of one kind or another.

We continue to cruise with Celebrity because to us the onboard experience is usually good enough to offset dealing with the website frustrations. 

Or, you could just use a TA and let him or her deal with it, which is what many Celebrity passengers do.

Yeah it was even more fubar than normal yesterday.  I think it might have gone deeper to the booking system as big box TA web site was struggling with cabin selection too.

seems better today.  Not perfect, just back to “normal.”

If you have been a regular Celebrity cruiser you would have learned long ago that of any business I have ever death with, the Celebrity web site has been horrible (putting it mildly) For years they promise improvements but every upgrade is worse than the last. Lately  I want to pick the ship, not the specific cruise. The web site won't let you do that anymore. I have cruised exclusively on Celebrity since their old Meridian in 1995. Now their site doesn't include older cruises so we don't get the credit. I am an Elite member but would be closer to Elite Plus if they counted the older ones (Not that the "perks" are anything to talk about). I have now looked more at NCL and actually went on my first non-Celebrity cruise this summer. I'm venting. I have always been a very loyal consumer to any company that I feel treats me as a valued customer. Don't feel that with Celebrity. Now with the huge price increases, forget it. I booked an Infinite Cabin on the Edge during my last cruse, Now I look at the prices and for the average person it's a lot. I guess more land based vacations now. 

1 hour ago, newyorkray said:

If you have been a regular Celebrity cruiser you would have learned long ago that of any business I have ever death with, the Celebrity web site has been horrible (putting it mildly) For years they promise improvements but every upgrade is worse than the last. Lately  I want to pick the ship, not the specific cruise. The web site won't let you do that anymore. I have cruised exclusively on Celebrity since their old Meridian in 1995. Now their site doesn't include older cruises so we don't get the credit. I am an Elite member but would be closer to Elite Plus if they counted the older ones (Not that the "perks" are anything to talk about). I have now looked more at NCL and actually went on my first non-Celebrity cruise this summer. I'm venting. I have always been a very loyal consumer to any company that I feel treats me as a valued customer. Don't feel that with Celebrity. Now with the huge price increases, forget it. I booked an Infinite Cabin on the Edge during my last cruse, Now I look at the prices and for the average person it's a lot. I guess more land based vacations now. 

I would be the last one to defend the X website. I have moaned long and loud about it, so please take this not as a defense of the site (there is none) but as a desire to help a fellow frustrated user. You can specify the ship in your search, it's just a convoluted method.  Instead of the ship being a criteria on the home page that you could easily select, you now have to pick a time frame you want to cruise and click Find Cruise. On the next page you can then click "Ship" and you'll get a drop-down listing all the X ships. Click the one/s you want and the results will pop up. As far as the old cruises not being credited, I've got some old ones and I just had to call Captain's Club and they found them and added them back in. Good luck. I agree it's been frustrating to put it mildly.

It is an awful website. Not intuitive at all. Azamara is much better, but then they have the same parent company, so may use the same website design company. They charge a relative fortune for their product and yet clearly skimp on web design! 🙄